Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo after roaccutane

Options
  • 02-03-2011 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Finished my last dose of roaccutane over two months ago! Could anybody who has any know how give me an idea of how long I would have to wait before being able to get tattoo done!

I understand this is not a medical forum so please dont close

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

rocco. wrote: »
    Finished my last dose of roaccutane over two months ago! Could anybody who has any know how give me an idea of how long I would have to wait before being able to get tattoo done!

I understand this is not a medical forum so please dont close

Would you not be better off asking your dermatologist? They would be better qualifed than any tattooist to tell you when.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭rocco.

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Would you not be better off asking your dermatologist? They would be better qualifed than any tattooist to tell you when.

I pay €200 each time I see my dermotologist so in between then and now, out of curiosity I wanted to hear peoples experiences/opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I assume your acne was quite severe considering you were on Roaccutane.
    If so I'd say you should wait at least a year for the scars to settle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

OP plenty of links here if you wanted to check it out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

it doesn't matter if you aren't arsed/don't want to spend the cash to find out from your doctor - it is still the only reasonable answer to your question.

also, I second "you should wait til the scars settle"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

no doubt, but it is the kind of thing that other people may well benefit from seeing the responses to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I had two courses of roaccutane, and waited a full year to get tattooed, but it depends which part of your body really, the scars and severity of the acne differ for everybody.

Advertisement