Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Year English

Options
  • 02-03-2011 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what percentage Second Year makes up in your Final degree? I've asked a few friends around campus but I'm hearing different answers. Some say it makes up 20%, others have said 10% and more have said that it has no affect whatsoever on your overall degree, that your degree is based only on your final year??

Any chance someone on here could clarify things??:confused::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

From what I hear, it has no effect on your final year degree. Only Maths and something else influence your final mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 SuitedAces

Hey thanks! The old school of English is pretty poor at informing students on little info like this!...Puts a lot of pressure on me next year....but means I can continue bein lazy this year...ooohh yeah ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I hope you're not serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

I'm pretty sure it counts if you want to continue your education especially H-dip.

I can't be sure about this but I hear at the beginning somewhere that unless you get a 2:1 average in 2nd and 3rd year you can basically kiss the H-dip goodbye.

Again check it out I'm not sure if its reliable or not but it certainly spurred me on to do well this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭babel2

im pretty sure it doesnt count for anything because i asked last year as im currently on erasmus, and they said that its just final year that counts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

I think if you want to do your H. Dip immediately after your undergrad you have to apply in December of 3rd year so in that case your 2nd year results would matter. I could be completely wrong about that though so don't hold me to it. I'm thinking of applying myself but I've only glanced at the application process.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Doof!

Got told by a lecturer today that only 3rd year results go towards our degree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Doof! wrote: »
    Got told by a lecturer today that only 3rd year results go towards our degree!

That is true.

But if you want to apply for a H. Dip., then your 2nd year results do matter.

Advertisement