Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk interview enraging

Options
  • 02-03-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭

Listening to Chris interview Luke 'Ming' Flanagan this morning was totally enraging, before i give my reasons i will point out that i am not in Lukes constituency & i wouldn’t have been voting for Luke had i been

From the outset luke was giving his position on how he intends to navigate & negotiate in the dail & was doing it in an assertive & coherent manner. Immediately Ivan waded in with the, learned through experience, list of protocol's regarding dail eireann which Luke challenged rationally from the perspective of a citizen about to serve his constituents not bound up in the rigmarole that has done us no service that is the protocol ivan was highlighting.

Almost immediately after when again responding to a question posed by chris, Luke had immediately prior to the question stated that he was not up to speed on all the monies he would be entitled to upon his election, he was berated by chris as being on the attack when he simply highlighted what he had just said prior to the question!

The question being were they briefed on how much monney they would be entitled to now being elected.

Now anyone listening to the show can clearly see that Chris was totally irrational in the manner he was handling the interview for what reason i do not know, what i do know is that Luke came away from the show with 100% integrity & if he maintains this approach when in dail eireann then we will see politics change in this country.

Both Chris & to a lesser extent Ivan done a disservice to Newstalk, the people of South Leitrim & Ireland in the manner they attempted to almost mock Luke & at one point Mick Wallace also.

Listen back here,

http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/breakfast/listen-back/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭In The Sticks

I still can't get over the fact that Luke 'Ming' Flannagan got elected in the first place, <SNIP> and has admitted on more than one occasion that he is a user. What sort of a role model is this guy to younger kids growing up surrounded by drugs? He should not have been left within a mile of Kildare street. However the good people of Co. Roscommon choose him as their Independent TD, It beggers belief as to why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I still can't get over the fact that Luke 'Ming' Flannagan got elected in the first place, <SNIP> and has admitted on more than one occasion that he is a user. What sort of a role model is this guy to younger kids growing up surrounded by drugs? He should not have been left within a mile of Kildare street. However the good people of Co. Roscommon choose him as their Independent TD, It beggers belief as to why.

yawn

You have kids duckysauce??

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You have kids duckysauce??
    Do not ask personal questions in this or any forum on Boards.ie

muffler wrote: »
    Do not ask personal questions in this or any forum on Boards.ie
    I was putting the point across that people in here who have kids would do anything to protect them. Giving a 'Yawn' as a comment just shows that people don't take the issues I raised seriously enough to warrent a proper reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭aftermn

Don't know much about 'Ming', but he was elected by his constituency. Doubt they did so because he was a cannabis user. Suspect there is more to him then just that.
    I wouldn't be into cannabis but am open to others having a different view. Even i doubt it is much more dangerous then cigs, and we haven't banned them (yet).
    Lets lighten up and discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

What kind of role models do kids have now generally.? I can no longer turn the radio on in the car when my kids are in it. The constant news updates are completely unsuitable for their ears!

Have no time for Ming but better him then those pesky FF/FG traitors people insist on voting for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I was putting the point across that people in here who have kids would do anything to protect them.
    No you weren't. You just asked if he had kids.

wtf has parents protecting kids to do with anything?
    Giving a 'Yawn' as a comment just shows that people don't take the issues I raised seriously enough to warrent a proper reply.
    'Yawn' was generous.
    Luke likes a joint now and again. No big deal, at least not to to his constituents, who elected him in the full knowledge that he likes a joint now and again.

dvpower wrote: »
    No you weren't. You just asked if he had kids.

wtf has parents protecting kids to do with anything?

'Yawn' was generous.
    Luke likes a joint now and again. No big deal, at least not to to his constituents, who elected him in the full knowledge that he likes a joint now and again.

I can only assume DV that that you are from Roscommon. DV probably the 'Yawn' was the most productive answer you have giving so far, your most recent post does not even warrent a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I can only assume DV that that you are from Roscommon. DV probably the 'Yawn' was the most productive answer you have giving so far, your most recent post does not even warrent a reply.

eh you just replied :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement