Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddle slipping fore/aft with carbon post

Options
  • 02-03-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

I'm using a Kium (alloy) rail Fizik saddle with a carbon post. When I get back from a spin the saddle is 2cm too far back. This is literally a pain in the ass. I'm tightening to the recommended torque of 8nm.

The clamp and bolts are alloy. There is a turn wheel at the front end to adjust the saddle angle before you tighten it up using the bolt on the underside at the rear end. The bolt tightens between the alloy clamp and the carbon underside of the post.

Has anyone experience of this or any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

The clamp is not squeezing the rails. So it must be either the torque wrench is duff or the clamp is warped or reversed. I have never had this problem and I just give the bolts a firm twist with a multitool. Maybe carbon compound might hold it. Make sure somebody hasn't put grease on it while trying to stop a squeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

These modern day lightweight saddle and posts can be a mare to keep in one position.
    I had endless problems with an SLR saddle on a Ritchey WCS carbon post.
    I had to push the dial up way past 11 (think Spinal Tap).
    There is no point in sticking with the recommended torque if it's not doing the job.
    As Victor says above, degrease the metal on metal parts and try some grip compound.

Advertisement