Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are these bikes like?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I'd stay away from the 7spd one, the sora equipped bike will be much better.
    I could not comment on the value of the bikes, but as always, €500 spent on a good second hand bike from a good bike shop will be money well spent, and way better than any new €500 bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

these gears arent going to do you any favours (ie you need a compact chainset (36/50) and a 12/27 freewheel
    Chainset: Shimano FC-2300 Double 39/53 T chainset, with alloy cranks and a Shimano cartridge BB set.

Gears: Shimano Sora RD-3400, 16 speed gears with Shimano STI dual control levers and a Shimano 12/25 cassette freewheel.

that would put it out of the running straight away if your new to road riding

(and i personally would never spend that much on ebay, know plenty of people who do just not me)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 406 ✭✭FesterBeatty

I bought a Lapierre Stech 500 for 500 quid on adverts. Crackin bike - my budget was 500 too so I couldnt go for much more. I'd say you'll be far happier with a second hand proper bike for 500 quid than what you can get new for the same price..

Advertisement