Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serial killers?

Options
  • 02-03-2011 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

I was watching the show tonight Britain's worst serial killer.

JAILED murderer Peter Tobin is reported to have told a prison psychiatrist he killed 48 women then smiled and said: "Prove it."

I couldn't verify it for my new book but the sad reality is this number of victims is perfectly possible.

The sexual sadism he displayed in Angelika's murder was echoed by Margaret Mackintosh, his partner until 1969, who haltingly described to me the injuries Tobin had inflicted upon her when she lived with him in Glasgow and Brighton in the late 60s.
    Murder, especially serial murder, is a young man's business which usually begins when the killer is in his late teens to early twenties.
    That suggests Tobin had been murdering for some 40 years.

Through luck, as much as good planning, for 40 years he has been like the hare and our police the tortoise.

Because Tobin was a compulsive taker of trophies from his victims - such as jewellery, watches and clothing - it is feasible the police might discover items which have been buried and can establish a link between Jessie and Tobin. Louise's body has never been found but she is likely to have been murdered after a night clubbing in Eastbourne, also on the Sussex coast.
    It just shows you people expect people to be young and forget they get older,and if skilled with what they do they can carry on as long as they dont miss something.

I hope they link him to other missing women to give their families back their children to put to rest.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/48+VICTIMS;+..is+this+Bible+John,+Britain's+worst+ever+serial+killer%3F-a0231766878

There is another case i wanted to bring up but i wont just yet.
    But is it possible we have a serial killer who has been doing this for over 4 decades in Ireland?
    As we can see they only get caught by accident.
    And with no proof it doesn't go any further than a rumour or conspiracy theory.
    And i dont mean just women i mean men also,who have oddly vanished and feared dead.I hope they arent,and just ran off and will one day contact the families, but the patterns seem to suggest it is very possible.

The psychiatrist was stating that someone doesnt just start killing in their forties in this way.

Thoughts?
    Also why do people think Ireland is immune to this kind of person and not investigated to the extent of how it is in other countries?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD WARNING: Everyone please don't start firing accusations at people in this thread. Sometimes the culprit may seem obvious, but I don't want Boards getting into any trouble over it.

And I know this isn't strictly CT territory, but there can be links to conspiracies, so we'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Would a serial killer qualify as a "Conspiracy Theory"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Would a serial killer qualify as a "Conspiracy Theory"?

Yes they would and this is conspiracy of is there one or more in Ireland.Or has someone being conspiring for over four decades to commit murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

caseyann wrote: »
    Yes they would and this is conspiracy of is there one or more in Ireland.Or has someone being conspiring for over four decades to commit murder.
    Conspiring to commit murder requires at least 2 people working together. Hence a solo serial killer, or several of them, is not a conspiracy.

Conspiring to commit murder requires at least 2 people working together. Hence a solo serial killer, or several of them, is not a conspiracy.

No,one person who plans and carries out such an act does not need accomplice to be a conspirator in the crime, and perhaps there is an accomplice to the possible serial killer in Ireland(therefore serial killers).Its not unheard of.
    Nice to bring that up possible there is two people involved in the disappearances of people in Ireland and possible murder.

ALBION, Ill. — A judge in Nashville, Tenn., has ordered that suspected serial killer Bruce D. Mendenhall’s sentence for conspiracy to commit murder and murder be served consecutively. The former Albion, Ill., trucker’s formal sentence was handed down Friday morning.
    http://www.skcentral.com/news.php?readmore=4486

• Advertisement

No,one person who plans and carries out such an act does not need accomplice to be a conspirator in the crime
    Sorry, you are wrong here. A conspiracy requires - by definition - that more than one person is involved.
    Conspiracy:
    1. a planning and acting together secretly, esp. for an unlawful or harmful purpose, such as murder or treason
    2. the plan agreed on; plot
    3. the group taking part in such a plan
    4. a combining or working together
    http://www.yourdictionary.com/conspiracy

Sorry, you are wrong here. A conspiracy requires - by definition - that more than one person is involved.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/conspiracy

Tell that to the Judge then who charged him (Mendenhall’s sentence for conspiracy to commit murder and murder be served consecutively)

Did he conspire with someone to commit murder?

Anyway nice to bring up the point,it is possible two people are involved here.

Tell that to the Judge then who charged him (Mendenhall’s sentence for conspiracy to commit murder and murder be served consecutively)

Did he conspire with someone to commit murder?
    Yes. It says so very clearly in the article you linked.
    Before the Hulbert trial, Mendenhall was found guilty of solicitation to commit murder for trying to hire a fellow Nashville inmate to kill three witnesses in the Hulbert trial and drew a 30 year sentence in that case.

Yes. It says so very clearly in the article you linked.

Sorry i dont know how i missed that.

I was thinking it took on new meaning.

So now does it fit for you into CT.That it is possible there is more than one conspiring in disappearances or are serial killers of people in Ireland?

Like for instance,on the night of one of the women going missing.Two men were allegedly seen dragging a shoeless woman into a car.

Advertisement