Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEARSTAINS IN MALTESE

Options
  • 02-03-2011 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Can anyone help me to remove my tearstains from my Female Maltese? She is 7 months old and has had tearstains since we got her. We have fed her filtered water, changed her food, had her professionally groomed (the groomer just cut her hair to remove them) and tried solutions from the pet shop and vets. Any help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

This link might help: http://www.bhejei.com/tearsta.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Apparently cider vinegar in their drinking water works wonders, but it's a bit of a balancing act getting the quantities right - i.e. enough to work but not so much that it puts her off drinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

no advise but please can we have pics. i loooove maltese doggies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

What brand of food is he on? I found when I switched from Royal Canin to Burns that our Paps tear stains clearer up, not sure if it's connected but I find if he's given too many treats it gets worse. He only gets a bit of crust now and rarely tear stains (unless he's out and it's very windy that makes his eyes water).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Apparently cider vinegar in their drinking water works wonders, but it's a bit of a balancing act getting the quantities right - i.e. enough to work but not so much that it puts her off drinking it.

Or add a little to food,works a treat and quickly too....always use it on one of my JRT

• Advertisement
Advertisement