Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House & Life Insurance???

Options
  • 01-03-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi as an (almost) first time buyer im doing my research around all the little extra's so came to you my friends for any guidance & help :) My husband and I are both non smokers in our late 20s, no illness etc etc....We're hoping to purchase a property around the value of 250,000...Do you have any advice on which banks or companies we should choose to get our house and life insurance with. Does anyone have any idea of roughly how much we might be paying for each? & does both of us have to take our life insurance & is it seperately? Thank you in advance, any info & advice greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'd suggest you find a broker Emer.

Do you have your mortgage approved? Who did you go with for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭EmerBaggott

Maybe we should do that :rolleyes: Well we had almost got a approval with our own bank, AIB but we back out & continued to save like bad for another year...So im feeling out all the relevent documentation to meet with the mortgage advisor at the bank next wk again, so fingers crossed...Maybe I shouldn't be thinking so far ahead yet with house & life insurance incase we get bad news but just trying to be organised :) So you think it'd be worth going to a broker to set up house & life insurance, ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Matches

Emer, try LABROKERS.IE

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There are loads of websites that will give you a life assurance quote for you and your spouse.

Check out any of the insurance company websites, like Quinn, 123, AIB, QuoteDevil, Aviva etc. Most will provide an online quote as a guide.

This one
    http://www.mortgages.ie/index.cfm/spKey/insurances.life_insurance_apply_online.html
    will compare various companies in the market

Advertisement