Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grooming for Sales

Options
  • 01-03-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I have a yearling connemara, who im bringing to the sales this week. Need some tips on presenting her in a show ring. To plait her mane and tail. Or just leave it natural? Also head wear? I'm thinking filly slip?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

i'd say natural? connemaras have such lovely manes and tails i always think its a pity to plait them, and i think with native types in general they tend to leave them unplaited; once they're neat and tidy they'll look beautiful anyway!

best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I think it's best if you look at photos of Connemaras at shows. As far as I know, silverfox is right in saying go natural for native breeds. The photographs will give you an idea of headgear etc

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Thanks guys, ill post a picture of her tomorrow when i get back. She is such a dote. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I would agree with leaving them natural, any of the Connemara shows I go to they all look like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

When showing native breeds such as Connemaras are never plaited - if you do dressage you can use a running plait rather than the traditional plaits normally used.

• Advertisement
Advertisement