Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Event

Options
  • 01-03-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I had a quick look in the charter and I don't see that I'm not allowed to promote cycle events. If I'm wrong though please delete this.... and my apologies

The Ronald McDonald House annual fundraising cycle is now taking bookings for the event in April. There are 2 options, a 25k or a 80k cycle around the Blessinton Lake followed by a bbq. All the info is on the facebook page or website which can be accessed via the links below. It should be a great day out, and a great excuse to raise some funds for this great charity.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180986248603638&index=1

Also if you have a minute please visit
    http://www.facebook.com/RonaldHouseDublin and become a fan! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Just in relation to this... as someone who hasn't cycled much in the last few years, but who does a bit of jogging (no problem running a 10 k) do you think I could do the 80k in April. What sort of training would be needed. I borrowed a mountain bike off a friend but will stick some road tyres on it..... or am I better sticking to the 25k?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

BuzzFish wrote: »
    What sort of training would be needed. I borrowed a mountain bike off a friend but will stick some road tyres on it..... or am I better sticking to the 25k?

Just start getting out and about on the bike but borrow a road bike, or even better, buy a road bike :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Physically you should be able to do it no problem if you keep fit and have no major joint or muscular complaints, just take your time. I shadowed a friend around the ring of kerry (180km) and he did very little training but like yourself kept fit by running and the occasional cycle to work.

Just buy a pair of cycling shorts as soreness in your manly regions could become an issue if you don't cycle much.

Advertisement