Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS or PTSB

Options
  • 01-03-2011 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,
    I'm looking to start a long term deposit savings account. Have been comparing what's out there ans it looks like EBS are offering the best fixed AER at 4% with PTSB next at 3.5% is it as simple as that or is there anything else I should look at when deciding. I've been reading that there may be a merger of the 2 on the cards, anyone know ought about that and if it's of any relevance?
    Thanks a mil,
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

As simple as that? No.

You need to consider deposit safety with deposits in an Irish bank.

The product you mention with EBS is a regular saver product not a lump sum product.

Do you have a lump sum to deposit?

More here:
    http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=90481

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Noel-z

Sorry it's a regular saver account that I'm looking for. Basically want to put a couple a hundred away a month, that kind of thing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

This is a good comparison site for savings account options. . .www.bonkers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Ptsb offers an online savings account at 4% 21day notice. Opened one of these myself.

Advertisement