Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

75% Off Selected Items At Ikea (4th - 20th March)

Options
  • 01-03-2011 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

Some very impressive reductions, imo. [Link]

Some sample offers below (the photos link to the respective item's info page... click link above to see all reduced prices):

82350_PE208073_S2.JPG
    Wardrobe reduced from €269 to €67.

0089305_PE221363_S2.JPG
    Bathroom cabinet reduced from €49 to €7

69185_PE183928_S2.jpg
    Two metre tall bookcase reduced to €9.

You must sign up to become an "IKEA FAMILY" member to avail of these prices. You can do this in store or online.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Red bookcase is 9e.
    Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

sorry for somewhat going off topic but whats the quality of ikeas stuff like?
    that first wardrobe looks really nice and i do need one at the minute,will it last long?
    anyone bought an ikea wardrobe before??

Thanks OP btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

barryd09 wrote: »
    that first wardrobe looks really nice and i do need one at the minute,will it last long?

Thanks OP btw!

I'm no expert but having bought a number of the Ikea 'PAX' wardrobes recently, the quality of their stuff seems perfectly fine. The PAX wardrobes are made up of chipboard, whereas the one on offer uses solid wood (and the drawers are pleasant to use too, actually). Worst thing about it is the lack of substantial door handles on the thing (probably makes the 'locking' feature more effective). All in all, it is a very nice wardrobe and, at this price, I'd say go for it!

On the other hand...

Ikea sells their furniture flat-packed, for home assembly, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I live two minutes away and now have a reason to buy some of their rancid meatballs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Red bookcase is 9e.
    Thanks for the link.

It keeps coming up as 39e for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

I have a BILLY bookcase. It does the job but when packed very heavily the shelves begin to bend. That said I also have an expensive mahogany bookcase that has done the same so not too much to worry about.

Also have an Ikea wardrobe which is very sturdy. Not the one that is advertised here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

proulx wrote: »

Linky: http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/IKNYItemPopupView?catalogId=11001&storeId=26&langId=-34&uBg=cjIzQ0JHYjVjVUloZXIzeDMydjRNZzUvK0RpMlY3OVkvdlFhWTFuTC9oU09iYjQ3b0plUnJ1Z0hEWm5HbXBIZlR1U2dNT1hzTnNTVQp6b05uR0toWUtmdG1jZjVNNnZ4VVBKdWZSK2Uzb1hWcEZJeENRa2gzR3FzT3JucE5OQUtHM2orNnIvUlZXWGtOOE8vbkhBdTI0MnhGCnFrNTdvTUtNbkxYZWFxTDVRL2xlVjF0RzRyL2ZCVE45WFpacnhDdFVDZWlZODJLTFlxREErTWJrWHVRZGlkdUJzMkhVUG53ZQ==

Heh, these were reduced "this weekend only" to €25 last weekend, so quite possibly this colourway is being discontinued; the blue ones were also on offer last month for €29. Note, despite it not stating the colour or a product code on that offers page, you will have zero luck trying to persuade customer services that a discount price should apply to any colour Billy apart from the one shown. Or at least, I didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

proulx wrote: »
    Offers Valid 4th March - 20th March.

Offer valid only with the IKEA FAMILY card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

for anyone after the wardrobe had a look at stock and looks like 1 in stock today and expecting to have 4 on friday when the sale starts so maybe go in early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

danois wrote: »
    for anyone after the wardrobe had a look at stock and looks like 1 in stock today and expecting to have 4 on friday when the sale starts so maybe go in early

Geez, won't hold out much hope of getting this if the numbers are so limited.
    It's also a pain in the hole to transport stuff like this when you don't have a car.

The rug at 10e is a bargain also.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

barryd09 wrote: »

Thanks OP btw!

I must say Ikea furnitures are quite solid. Once we got a chest of drawers from Bargainstown and the damn thing never worked! The drawers never fit, whole thing fell to pieces. Never again ! Ikea's furniture are cheaper and everything fits perfectly after assembly. We also got the big PAX wardrobe last year and we put it together in two, it took a few days but it was well worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

What are these sale like? Are they worth a trip (live in Dub anyway). I dont have rewards card, can you get one there on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

newbie! wrote: »
    What are these sale like? Are they worth a trip (live in Dub anyway). I dont have rewards card, can you get one there on the day?

Yes you can get the family card on the day or you can just sign up online and you will get a barcode which you can print out and it works as a temporary family card.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭pawn33

Is it my PC playing up, or has the wardrobe been taken off the sale? I dont see it mentioned on ther website at the reduced price, just at €269

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Website says prices can vary between store and online. Also its only the black version of wardrobe on special and you need ikea card too.

The stock indicator seems to suggest only 4 pieces of wardrobe available eachday over sale period. Was gonna head over to buy one but think i'll be dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Got a wardrobe this evening. Delighted because i didnt think i would get one. There was still 3 left when i was leaving but they were out on display so not sure there could be more on the racks. Thanks OP great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Does anyone know what the story is with the wardrobe? It's off the specials page for €69 but in the regular section at full price and with stock showing. Is it withdrawn from the sale? That seems a little odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Does anyone know what the story is with the wardrobe? It's off the specials page for €69 but in the regular section at full price and with stock showing. Is it withdrawn from the sale? That seems a little odd.

It might only be on offer with the family card,maybe the reduction is displayed instore or something ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

i'm pretty sure all the sale items are still showing full price if you search for them on the web, however, instore once you sign up for the family card they are reduced.

i was in there on saturday and there were plenty of wardrobes just as you enter the main floor (where all the aisles are).

i went to get a bathroom cabinet for €7 and the aisle was empty. on checking the stocks the assistant told me there were 360 'in the air' and that they wouldnt come down to the main floor until the next morning. next morning there was a fresh pallet there ( and a queue of shoppers taking upto 10 at a time !)

id say if its showing stock available on the website, its avialable in store at the sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Are all the family sale items in one place or are do you need to go get location numbers and pick up in the warehouse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tishiewishie

This is fab, thanks!!! :)

mbroaders wrote: »
    Are all the family sale items in one place or are do you need to go get location numbers and pick up in the warehouse?
    They all seemed to be set up on main aisles when i was there. Decided against the wardrobe, bit flimsy . Gonna buy a solid wood one 2nd hand and repaint it.

Advertisement