Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Gardaí at Election Counts??

Options
  • 01-03-2011 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

There are some rumors that there are Armed Gardaí at the majority if not all election centres during the elections. I remain skeptical and wanted to ask some who would know better.

Is it probable to have an armed member of AGS at most count centres?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

There are some rumors that there are Armed Gardaí at the majority if not all election centres during the elections. I remain skeptical and wanted to ask some who would know better.

I thought having arms was an integral part of the entry requirements for getting into the Guards..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

I don't believe any AGS member on here, me included will answer this question on account of operational security.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,703 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

foinse wrote: »
    I don't believe any AGS member on here, me included will answer this question on account of operational security.

...and for that reason, thread closed.

Sorry we can't help you on this one OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement