Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+box has done something to my tv

Options
  • 28-02-2011 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

it keeps going green and pink after we watch it for a while. Seems to be the tv, not the box. Sky engineer came out and can't find anything wrong. Tried an HDMI cable instead of a scart plug and doesn't seem to have made a difference. TV is a few years old but is HD ready so sky+hd box should work okay??? any help would be appreciated! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Seems like a classic problem of a loose or faulty SCART lead, which leads to all kinds of funny colour combinations on the TV. What's puzzling is that you are seeing the same effects when you try an HDMI lead:confused: You wouldn't, by any chance, have left the SCART lead in place when trying the HDMI lead?
    That said, I used to have a similar problem with a SKY box, which cleared after the box was powered off at the wall and re-booted after a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 susietwirler

thanks for your reply! tried a new scart lead, that didnt work. Tried just a hdmi lead and got no picture - it said no signal found so now ave scart AND HDMI and still going a funny colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

You need to determine whether it is the TV or the Sky box. Have you another TV in the house that you can temporarily hook up to your Sky box to see if the same issue occurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

thanks for your reply! tried a new scart lead, that didnt work. Tried just a hdmi lead and got no picture - it said no signal found so now ave scart AND HDMI and still going a funny colour!

I think you may have to change the sky output to HDMI to get the signal out over that cable. Also need to change your TV input to HDMI too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 susietwirler

I got an HDMI lead because I was told it was the best way to connect a skyhd+ box to the tv but when I unplug the scart lead and connect the hdmi lead, I'm getting 'no signal' - any suggestions???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

You're not on the correct 'channel' on your tv.
    You need to press source or av on your remote and select the HDMI socket you're connected to. :)

Advertisement