Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Geoge and IndyCar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I wouldn't be so quick as to say that IndyCar will die off with George on the board again. Remember Randy Bernard's still in charge...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

I can't think of a more repugnant person in all of racing.

What a clown he was. Talked into establishing the IRL by both Bernie and the France family, with both of them knowing that it would destroy both CART and eventually itself.

Expect to see the Indy 500 eventually being part of the NASCAR schedule eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Expect to see the Indy 500 eventually being part of the NASCAR schedule eventually.

How would that work exactly? The Brickyard 400 is already on the NASCAR schedule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I don't think it matters too much at this point, it's one of those things that seems to be happening with sport that certain sports are slowly being marginalised and Indycar is going to have to learn its place over the next decade or so. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

f1dan wrote: »
    How would that work exactly? The Brickyard 400 is already on the NASCAR schedule

It might get to the stage where the IRL folds.

The only thing that propped up the IRL was Tony George funding it's loses via IMS. That's the reason he was originally thrown off the IMS board.

If IRL goes belly up, and a lot of people think it will, then IMS has no series to run the Indy 500 with. They could run it as a one-off race, but where is the equipment and teams going to come from.

Expect NASCAR to step in. Wether or not the Brickyard 400 would stay on the schedule is another matter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement