Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bands : Advice Needed

Options
  • 28-02-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

I want to know are these any good and should I get their albums?

Boxer Rebillion : Ethans Johns produced their latest so it should be good
    O Emperor
    Joy Formidble : Heard them live on channel four and they sounded great , does it could across well on record?
    White Lies : love bigger than us' but is the rest of the album worth getting
    Ahab. heard one song but sounded good enough

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Why don't you just look up a few songs off the albums on youtube or other streaming websites and see if you like them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

White Lies are the only band I know from the list and tbh I don't like them, to me it sounds like a watered down version of 1980's Post-Punk, The Chameleons and that type of thing... my advice would be to grab this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script_of_the_Bridge instead, better band and they did it first.

Tickle Me Elmo offers sound advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Why don't you just look up a few songs off the albums on youtube or other streaming websites and see if you like them?
    Pretty much exactly what I was going to write except with MySpace referenced instead of YouTube.

Advertisement