Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Router Dropping Wifi

Options
  • 28-02-2011 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey

Heres my problem.

Im over at my granny's trying to set up her internet for the last month now and a string of problems have forced me to seek some help here on the forums.

As the title states, the wifi will stay up for about 4 min's or so (my test was some videos on youtube, i reloaded the video every time it was completed) then drop. The signal wont come back till you have turned on or off the router.

There is a connection however. Im sitting next to the router with an ethernet in my laptop.

She's a very old woman, living with my mentally ill uncle so any help would be nice.

Thanks alot for any help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Heikra wrote: »
    Hey

Heres my problem.

Im over at my granny's trying to set up her internet for the last month now and a string of problems have forced me to seek some help here on the forums.

As the title states, the wifi will stay up for about 4 min's or so (my test was some videos on youtube, i reloaded the video every time it was completed) then drop. The signal wont come back till you have turned on or off the router.

There is a connection however. Im sitting next to the router with an ethernet in my laptop.

She's a very old woman, living with my mentally ill uncle so any help would be nice.

Thanks alot for any help.

Hi Heikra,

Thanks for contacting eircom on boards.ie.

From what you say, it sounds like, what we call, intermittent sync /or intermittent connections.

Intermittent sync can often be caused by interference on the internal wiring system in your premises. For e.g : a sky box(s) connected upstairs on a secondary phone socket in the attic; or a dodgy private (phone) lead /cable stretching across a living-room; or even a faulty adsl splitter.

Try the following quick Broadband Checklist. This will rule in /out where the problem lies, and if the problem is an eircom fault, or an internal wiring issue.

If the latter, you may need help from a third party like an electrician, etc. If it's simply a faulty splitter then we can replace this quickly for you.

Broadband Checklist : http://bit.ly/cTw6pU

Completing the above will also ensure that this is dealt with as quickly as possible by Broadband Technical Support. It will also help if we need to send an eircom engineer to your premises.

Failure to complete the broadband checklist will waste a lot of time. Completing these checks will also ensure that you are not accountable if the engineer finds that this is a non-eircom fault.

Let me know if you still need help after completing the broadband checklist, or if you need a replacement adsl splitter, etc.

Kind regards
    Ant

Advertisement