Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection

Options
  • 28-02-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

I have heard through the grape vine that you may be able to claim back mortgage protection though your providor if you were oroginally told that you had to pay it by default.

My wife and I have always presumed we had to pay it but don't think we actually have any documentation to state this. Has anyone experienced this and know how best to go about investigating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I know that in the UK there are things in place to claim back insurance you may have been 'mis-sold'.

Not sure if it applies to Ireland though.

It also depends on what you mean by 'mortgage protection'. Afaik, you must have life assurance to pay off your mortgage in the case of your death before the loan is fully repaid, but things such as personal illness cover or income protection are not required and are optional.

Advertisement