Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish wiring Regs

Options
  • 28-02-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I am running two new circuits having renovated one floor of my house. I've done this numerous times before but this time I want to have the work inspected and certified.

Where can I study the latest wiring regs for domestic installations please? I can't find the regs on the net.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you can buy them from ecssa or reci

what do you want to know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

It is a bit crazy they aren't freely available as a download. In other countries them and the building code etc are freely available.

It's a bit silly charging for them, should be available as a PDF download. Probably costs more in printing, postage, admin, than is brought in from charging.

no reason why they shouldn't be available free alright

the more people that reads them the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It is a bit crazy they aren't freely available as a download. In other countries them and the building code etc are freely available.

It's a bit silly charging for them, should be available as a PDF download. Probably costs more in printing, postage, admin, than is brought in from charging.

Because its Ireland

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Because its Ireland

Yea God forbid people having accurate up to date information!

I can understanding charging for them 10 years ago with printing costs etc...

Imagine how much hassle they would save if every student had a copy and learnt how to do stuff from day 1 correctly.

• Advertisement

ya but they're 100 dollars:) so i'm sure they're making a profit at that

How many copies would they sell in Ireland each year?

Say they sell 1000 copies @ €80 each. Printing & postage costs €20. So they make €60k per year.

They have to hire someone take the orders, arrange shipping, overheads ect, theres your €60k gone.

Purely made up figures, not sure they'd sell that many copies per year...

crikey business is expensive:D

anyhow i reckon they should prob be free alright

Advertisement