Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about Portfolio courses???

Options
  • 28-02-2011 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I have two interviews for ADM (an Art portfolio course) on 14th March and the friday of that week I have a second interview for ADS (Animation Drawing Studies).
    Firstly I have some questions regarding my portfolio submission.

1. Do I send the portfolio off or come to the college with it?

2. Do I use completely different work for the second course interview or can I bring some Art to both interviews?

3. When will I know if I am accepted for these courses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 zzziltoid

1. You are supposed to show up to the interview with your portfolio alongside you. They want to see what you are like as a person and what your drawings are like!

2. There's no need to use a completely different portfolio of work for separate courses-- it's still all your own work, and the teachers interviewing you are unlikely to be the same. My advice though is to make sure you have plenty of life drawing, as this is what basically gets you into a course (assuming it's good enough)

3. They'll either let you know at the desk or via a letter or email within the 3 weeks after the interviews. I got accepted for ADS in 2008 at the interview desk, whereas last year it was 2 weeks before I found out for another course.

Best of luck! (:

Advertisement