Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to factory reset my macbook pro

Options
  • 28-02-2011 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hey can any1 tell me how i can reset my macbook pro to factory

i bought it second hand and want put it back like day it came out of box

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have a macbook and am interested in doing the same thing. I assume like windows you have to format the hard drive and install OSX from the CDs. Do you have the cd's? I was thinking about upgrading to the newer version of osx myself

• Registered Users Posts: 34 martin2010

Zascar wrote: »
    I have a macbook and am interested in doing the same thing. I assume like windows you have to format the hard drive and install OSX from the CDs. Do you have the cd's? I was thinking about upgrading to the newer version of osx myself

Unfortunately I don't mate
    Do you

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Well if you have a friend who has a macbook pro you could borrow his or you could *cough, download the image and burn it.

I have no idea of the process of installing etc - could be the same as on windows or totally different, not sure, maybe someone else can explain?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Boot up with the installation DVD that came with the Mac (or with a generic installer disc). Select "Disk utility" and erase the Hard Drive. Then continue and do the installation.

Liameter wrote: »
    Boot up with the installation DVD that came with the Mac (or with a generic installer disc). Select "Disk utility" and erase the Hard Drive. Then continue and do the installation.

Can you explain what you mean by boot up with installation cd please

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Restart Mac while holding C button. Insert Disc.

Liameter wrote: »
    Restart Mac while holding C button. Insert Disc.

Cheers

Advertisement