Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMac: OSX says no network. Windoze disagrees.

Options
  • 28-02-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

I'm posting from the Win7 half of my iMac.

When I boot into OSX (snow leopard) it tells me that my ethernet cable is unplugged, and that's as far it lets me go wrt diagnostics.

I can (have) bootcamp over to W7 without touching anything and go online without a hitch. I'm a total Mac noob so beyond shutting down, unplugging network cables, replugging and rebooting, I'm at a loss.

The router I'm plugged into is also wireless but if I turn Airport on it's not seeing any network either.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Sorted.
    Turned out to be a dodgy network cable. For some reason Windows just went straight for the wireless. Still strange that Airport on the Mac side didn't find anything :confused:

Advertisement