Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on procedure

Options
  • 27-02-2011 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

I was reluctant to post this on the motors forum as I believe it's gone to the dogs over there with far far too many amazing and law abiding drivers.

My wife was driving my company car today and was caught speeding. She was asked to produce her licence and copy of insurance to her nominated station.

She has permission to drive the car and is fully comprehensive on her own policy.
    2 quick questions maybe somebody could answer for me if possible.
    I am looking to know does she bring a copy of her own insurance to the station , and secondly , the garda took her name and address so does that mean that is where the fine will be posted to or would it be possible it could be sent to the registered owner (a fleet company).
    I would just like to tell the job if I need to.

She went out of her way to tell me how polite and professional the garda was , I jokingly told her I'll tell the "lads up on the ES forum on boards..", which created a confused face in front of me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Is she named on the company policy? If not, tell her bring in her own policy if that has open driving on it. Name and address was taken so the guard can check the system next week to see if she produced. She may get a ticket, up to the guard but name and address is always taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Is she named on the company policy? If not, tell her bring in her own policy if that has open driving on it. Name and address was taken so the guard can check the system next week to see if she produced. She may get a ticket, up to the guard but name and address is always taken.
    I would presume she would not be on the companies policy, but I had to get permission before to let her have use of the car under her own.
    So you think the ticket will be sent to home address then? She will get a ticket, I'm pretty sure of that and if she does'nt she deserves one.
    Thks

The fact he guard took her details means it'll be in her name and will go to the address provided so

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

The fact he guard took her details means it'll be in her name and will go to the address provided so

Correct..

It will be sent to her home address the one that she gave to the Garda.

If your company car had been clocked by a gatso van then the fine would be sent to the registered owner... presumably your fleet manager in your company.

kwalshe wrote: »
    I was reluctant to post this on the motors forum as I believe it's gone to the dogs over there with far far too many amazing and law abiding drivers.

My wife was driving my company car today and was caught speeding. She was asked to produce her licence and copy of insurance to her nominated station.

She has permission to drive the car and is fully comprehensive on her own policy.
    2 quick questions maybe somebody could answer for me if possible.
    I am looking to know does she bring a copy of her own insurance to the station , and secondly , the garda took her name and address so does that mean that is where the fine will be posted to or would it be possible it could be sent to the registered owner (a fleet company).
    I would just like to tell the job if I need to.

She went out of her way to tell me how polite and professional the garda was , I jokingly told her I'll tell the "lads up on the ES forum on boards..", which created a confused face in front of me...

She will need to produce the company insurance. As she is an employee of the company she won't need to be named on it. [If she didn't have permission to drive it then she could be done for unauthorised taking (stolen car.)]

Her own private insurance will more than likely say on it that it does not cover business use so that's why she needs the company policy.

As for the address, the fine will be sent to her. Also, when she is producing the insurance/DL tell her to note the reg number because some companies policies may not have the reg of the vehicle she was driving on it.

• Advertisement

It's his company car, not hers so she wasn't using it for work. Her open policy should cover her if it's an open drive policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

foreign wrote: »
    She will need to produce the company insurance. As she is an employee of the company she won't need to be named on it. [If she didn't have permission to drive it then she could be done for unauthorised taking (stolen car.)]

Her own private insurance will more than likely say on it that it does not cover business use so that's why she needs the company policy.

As for the address, the fine will be sent to her. Also, when she is producing the insurance/DL tell her to note the reg number because some companies policies may not have the reg of the vehicle she was driving on it.

Make sure she tells the Garda that she produces to that she was driving another car under her own policy, as he/she might automatically put the DLIP in under the reg number noted on the policy.

It's his company car, not hers so she wasn't using it for work. Her open policy should cover her if it's an open drive policy.

Didn't notice that. My sorry. But one to watch for in the future.

Advertisement