Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

st mels fire cause

Options
  • 27-02-2011 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

hi did the local fire authority or insurance company issue a report on the probable cause of the fire in st mels i am looking for a technical document not any hear say please( so no faulty boiler dodgie wiring or unattended candles stories)
    i also know thers another massive tread about st mels running but theres to much off topic stuff in it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aontaithe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

hi did the local fire authority or insurance company issue a report on the probable cause of the fire in st mels i am looking for a technical document not any hear say please( so no faulty boiler dodgie wiring or unattended candles stories)
    i also know thers another massive tread about st mels running but theres to much off topic stuff in it

speaking of that thread, who's the mod of this place?? there should've been some serious bans and deletions from that thread. descended into a farce way too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

speaking of that thread, who's the mod of this place?? there should've been some serious bans and deletions from that thread. descended into a farce way too soon.

I think the Longford forum is looked after by the category mods... have never seen a 'Longford' mod here.

I think the Longford forum is looked after by the category mods... have never seen a 'Longford' mod here.

i'll nominate you and you nominate me!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

i'll nominate you and you nominate me!

Ha! Sounds like a strategy for the local elections... :pac:

• Advertisement

Ha! Sounds like a strategy for the local elections... :pac:

doesn't that depend on how many flahertys you know?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

many thanks to aontaithe for the report

the pictures make pretty grim viewing i do hope that this beautiful building can be restored to its former glory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

The rebuilding is supposed to be finished in the 4th quarter of 2014 I read somewhere. There planning exactly what they want to do at the minute, whether to put in lifts and stuff.

Ivan, Obaraten and TomTom are listed as the Mods. I didn't read the other thread, I must look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

Here's a link to see panoramic views of the gutted interior, notice how like the rest of the building, even the mosaic floor down the nave is being propped up with RSJ's.

Advertisement