Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Ireland boss?

Options
  • 27-02-2011 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

What's the name of the current head of Apple Ireland? Need it to write a letter to him or her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The boss won't open his own letters all you'll get is a call from customer care, what are you trying to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Sure just tell me who the boss is - I'm not worried about who opens the letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

What are we, Google?

Which boss in control of what? It's run by a board of directors who head up certain functions within the business.

What, no CEO?

I've googled, but found only the name of the head of Apple Ireland who died suddenly in his 50s in 2009.

• Advertisement

The CEO is Steve Jobs. Heard of him?

There's no point writing a random letter to somebody who's never even going to know about it.
    You find the contract over what your trying to talk about and contact them. I'm guessing in your case it should be customer care.

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear - it's the CEO of *Apple Ireland* I'm looking for. Have an address for Steve Jobs already.

There's only one CEO

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭barryj

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear - it's the CEO of *Apple Ireland* I'm looking for.

Corporations have only one CEO. There aren't separate CEOs for different regional operations within the one company.

- barry

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

What, no CEO?

I've googled, but found only the name of the head of Apple Ireland who died suddenly in his 50s in 2009.

That would be Joe Gantly. As far as I'm aware they have different people over the sales part, technical support, manufacturing, shipping, materials etc. I don't think they have one person over the whole thing. if you ring reception at Hollyhill they may tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

Cathy Kearney is the managing director and head honcho at Apple Ireland. Steve Jobs is gravely ill, and my thoughts are with him and his family at this difficult time.

Matt Bauer wrote: »
    Cathy Kearney is the managing director and head honcho at Apple Ireland.

Thank you so much! That's what I need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Thank you so much! That's what I need to know.

Good luck, judging by your previous comments I'm pretty sure you'll get nowhere if it's a complaint you're writing.

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Good luck, judging by your previous comments I'm pretty sure you'll get nowhere if it's a complaint you're writing.

Previous comments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

Previous comments?

The ones previous to his ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

The "Apple Boss" in Europe/Ireland is just a director of operations. A person in such a position isn't responsible for products/services in their territory. Its highly unlikely s/he will be able to do anything about whatever you're writing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

The boss won't open his own letters all you'll get is a call from customer care, what are you trying to do?

you would be very surprised. I used to work for a huge american PC maker/box shifter and if you emailed the boss there by guessing his email you got a reply from someone very high up the ladder in the company who would do anything to fix your issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Maybe he's just looking for the "boss" so he can try sell him some carpets or pirate DVDs...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Coomatloukane

Just checking if Cathy Kearney is still the MD of Apple Ireland? It says on the Apple.ie website that she is a web publications manager. Qualitymark did you write to her and receive a reply? Via email - do you have an address for her (postal and/or email)? I need to write to her to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

Some very unhelpful and pedantic comments in this thread.

If you don't know the answer perhaps keep quiet.

Good luck Qualitymark.

• Advertisement

Thanks, nemesisdg!

This thread is actually two years old. At the time, I was looking for the name of the Irish boss, and of other Apple execs to write a letter asking that they control the factories that produced their products - there was a spate of suicides in the Foxconn factories, and revelations about children in their early teens being employed there.

I see that Foxconn is now about to open some factories in the US, giving the reason that labour costs are rising in China...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Thanks, nemesisdg!

This thread is actually two years old. At the time, I was looking for the name of the Irish boss, and of other Apple execs to write a letter asking that they control the factories that produced their products - there was a spate of suicides in the Foxconn factories, and revelations about children in their early teens being employed there.

I see that Foxconn is now about to open some factories in the US, giving the reason that labour costs are rising in China...

Out of interest, how many other Foxconn clients did you write to?.

Out of interest, how many other Foxconn clients did you write to?.

I reckoned that the best hope was for Apple, a seemingly idealistic company, to do what the Quaker company Cadbury did in the 19th century when they were disgraced for using chocolate produced by slaves. They got together all the chocolate makers as a group and persuaded them to boycott the slavers until conditions changed and the slaves were freed and paid good wages. That's what worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

LOLOLOLOL.

Sorry, but there's no way Apple or any large consumer electronics company will stop buying from foxconn. They can't, their ICs are in almost everything. Its not like fair trade coffee or something, they already make a loss on devices, if workers were paid a fair wage by our standards the iphone would cost hugely more not the 15-25% you pay for fairtrade foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

ED E wrote: »
    LOLOLOLOL.

Sorry, but there's no way Apple or any large consumer electronics company will stop buying from foxconn. They can't, their ICs are in almost everything. Its not like fair trade coffee or something, they already make a loss on devices, if workers were paid a fair wage by our standards the iphone would cost hugely more not the 15-25% you pay for fairtrade foods.

Oh Right. Everyone should just do nothing so.

LOLOLOLOL.

It looks as if both Chinese and American workers are about to be put out of work by automation at Foxconn as they move their factories to the US:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/archives/2012/11/10/2003547301

Furthermore: http://www.epi.org/blog/apple-iphone-profits-dwarf-labor-costs/

apple_iphone_cost.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

LOLOLOLOL.

Apple don't make a loss on their devices. They start a cycle at a small profit until production ramps up properly, then they make more profit on it.
    I do agree though, Foxconn deal with most of the major electronics companies, will the objectors also be writing to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Thread reminds me of Christmas with the Kranks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

nemesisdg wrote: »
    Some very unhelpful and pedantic comments in this thread.

If you don't know the answer perhaps keep quiet.

Good luck Qualitymark.
    The comments are correct - company structures like this don't work the way smaller ones do. Whoever is the highest level manager in Apple here simply oversees staff, procedures etc - they do not have the slightest influence on policies such as those being queried. Those decisions are made in California. Apple in Ireland is part of the Apple Europe operation too, it's not standalone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Thanks, nemesisdg!

Just some interesting info on foxcon http://mashable.com/2012/02/22/foxconn/

From the site "Nightline anchor Bill Weir expected most employees to be as young as 13, but noted most were in their late teens."

And "Although 18 employees took their own lives or tried to in recent years, Nightline said Foxconn's suicide rate is well below China's national average."

Foxcon produce products for I would guess every electronics company in the world. Their standards are amongst the best in the industry.

Advertisement