Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image Upload Problems

Options
  • 27-02-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I wanted to upload some images and think I may have been banned from postimage...it will not allow me to upload anything.

I have previously used this site for linking to my various awards but is it possible they were checked and somebody perhaps got the wrong idea and just decided to ban me?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

It seems all your images are gone from all your threads.

That's really bad. You can only take it up with the service provider PostImage themselves.

In their terms and conditions it says
    Terms of use of PostImage.org service.

What cannot be uploaded to PostImage.org servers:
    - Copyrighted images if you don't own copyright for it
    - Violence, racial intolerance, or advocate against any individual, group, or organization
    - Any other images that might be considered illegal in USA or EU countries
    If you are not sure whether image you want to upload is allowed then do not upload that image. All uploaded images are checked by staff and images that violate terms will be removed without warning and uploader of such images might be banned from website.

I think someone may have seen some images with swastikas on it and the provider deleted all your images. Or it could be a technical problem with Postimage.

You would have to ask them.

You may have to change to a different service such as photobucket or imageshack etc but make sure that you have your albums on privet settings so only you can see what's in there.

See if you can get it going again with the original provider.

If not just upload the pictures to a different provider and substitute the links in your old posts with the new links and the images should be there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Thanks for the feedback Preusse. I understand the image restrictions considering the sensitive subject matter but I did not consider I had posted anything incorrect. I had used it for US, Belgian, Viietnamese awards but also TR Germany so I imagine this must be the issue and not the other awards. But I am not posing on a German website - where such images are banned unless for historical education as is the case here.

Getting fed up - there is so much criticism of collecting, from posters, banning from image websites etc, that it almost feels like you are doing something bad :(

And not to mention fakery, just found out I have been burned on one of my items :(

What site is best for future reference - photobucket, I only used postimage so I did not have to go to the effort of making an account.

Thanks for the feedback Preusse. I understand the image restrictions considering the sensitive subject matter but I did not consider I had posted anything incorrect. I had used it for US, Belgian, Viietnamese awards but also TR Germany so I imagine this must be the issue and not the other awards. But I am not posing on a German website - where such images are banned unless for historical education as is the case here.

Getting fed up - there is so much criticism of collecting, from posters, banning from image websites etc, that it almost feels like you are doing something bad :(

And not to mention fakery, just found out I have been burned on one of my items :(

What site is best for future reference - photobucket, I only used postimage so I did not have to go to the effort of making an account.

Don't worry too much. It's not as if you did anything wrong. As I said in my PM:

- use an image hosting site and put your albums/accounts on the highest privacy settings.

- there is no problem with posting images of historical items in Ireland (unlike some other countries)

- make sure your image hosting site is not situated in one of the countries that does prohibit showing any "forbidden" signs on historical items

As for the fake items: sorry to hear that. I think this something we all have had to go through at some stage or another. The best thing is to keep yourself informed about the items/area you collect and get good reference material on fakes such as books and other websites.

Thanks for the info - I had not made an actual account but simply used the upload feature as it was user friendly. About the photo sites, I notice most online here use photobucket, I assume this is a US based site? There are no issues with US regulations on certain images? Then again, I thought postimage was US based also.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭danpatjoe

Curses! :mad:
    I'm having trouble with them now too. I had created an account with them and one of my entire albums is now inaccessible. I sent them an email yesterday explaining my case, but as yet no answer.

EDIT: Don't forget you can always load images directly to the forum using the Manage Attachments option. It should work. If not let me know and I'll ask Cmods/Admins what the possibilities are.

• Advertisement

Oh dear, this seems to be getting worse. I would recommend to back up any images anyone may have on postimage to another host. Just move your albums over (if it works) before it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

I started using Postimage only recently after reading Dan's post about the site and am having no problems yet,that said however I have no German militaria posted up on the site as of yet but will keep ye all informed if something goes wrong.Photobucket uses a bulk up loader if you wish to use it to upload numerous files in one go but recently the lay out on the site has altered and imo has become less user friendly.By the way don't do what I did and put imagepost in a Google search,you have been warned!:D

That's odd, :confused:
    All of my images are back now despite my not hearing from them.
    Maybe it was just a temporary glitch with the site.

Oh well,
    I really must back up all of my images... just in case.

arnhem44 wrote: »
    ....By the way don't do what I did and put imagepost in a Google search,you have been warned!:D

Is it pr0n? :D

Preusse wrote: »
    Is it pr0n? :D

Ha ha not telling!!,you'll have to Google it yourself.:rolleyes::D

• Advertisement

Ha ha not telling!!,you'll have to Google it yourself.:rolleyes::D

--> ...goes and checks it......using a colleagues computer who's out sick at the moment :pac:

Preusse wrote: »
    --> ...goes and checks it......using a colleagues computer who's out sick at the moment :pac:

LOL! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I got sick of imageshack and photobucket doing this to me, that was what spurred me on to start my own site ( www.militaria-archive.com ). I think it is a very sinister, disturbing approach for them to have. We are talking about historical photographs, or photographs of historical items. There is no moral justification for trying to censor history like that. imo.

do what I did and put imagepost in a Google search:D

Many thanks :D

Morlar wrote: »
    I got sick of imageshack and photobucket doing this to me, that was what spurred me on to start my own site ( www.militaria-archive.com ). I think it is a very sinister, disturbing approach for them to have. We are talking about historical photographs, or photographs of historical items. There is no moral justification for trying to censor history like that. imo.

I would agree with you Morlar. You cannot erase history, you can only learn from it. I am only collecting historical items a year or so now and I realised very fast that there is a stigma to it, no matter how pure your motives. It was even a natural progression, first reading history books, then visiting battlefields and locations, and then the next step was collecting. I just do not see what the problem is with open discussion. And frankly, I find this forum one of the more respectable.

do what I did and put imagepost in a Google search :D
    Many thanks :D

OH HOW THE TABLES CAN BE TURNED!!!!!lol.

On a more serious note,things are taking a turn for the worse if images are being deleted by image hosting providers.As Dan has mentioned it would be wise to back up any photographs everyone may have just in case they are deleted.It is a sorrowful state of affairs when genuine collectors are the ones who have to suffer the consequences from the issues created by others.History happens every day,not all of it is pretty but all should be remembered and not glossed over in one form or another.

Advertisement