Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a kitten in dublin

Options
  • 27-02-2011 3:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all I have been searching the internet for the past few days looking for a young kitten I can give it a great and loving home and it will be greatly looked after I had a cat as a young child and have recently moved into a new place thats allowing my to have an animal so am delighted if anyone knows of someone selling/free to good home please let me know your help will be greatly appreciated thanks again

Rachel :) x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Why don't you try a rescue shelter?

Where in Dublin are you? We got our 2 in the Drogheda Animal Shelter - DAR. They are a bit older, but they have loads of kittens there, always looking for a home. The other good thing about getting them from a shelter, is that the shelter will almost always pay for your kitten to be neutered, if they're not already neutered when you get them.That's a decent sized vet's bill that you wouldn't have to pay.

Plus you get the feel-good factor from rescuing a kitten! The only warning I'll give you is that you may come away with more than one kitten - they're all so cute!

Most shelters have websites with their contact details and their opening hours, so have a look around the net. I know there's a lot around Dublin, it's worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 RachyBaby

yeah i've looked on there website but gonna have to actually go up and see thanks for the advice
    Rachel
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

1) go to a rescue shelter, yes, there's a small fee. I assume that, as an animal lover, you aren't trying to avoid that so, yay, head on up to the shelter.
    2) does it have to be a kitten? consider an older cat, there are lots of advantages.
    Think this through as an adult. You're not a kid now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 RachyBaby

yes i considered an older cat but i am afraid that because of it's age that it would not settle in and i would want to put an animal through it if they didn't want it, my friend was the one who told me this as she had an awful time trying to get her cat settled in and the poor thing was terrified :(

Advertisement