Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition to O'Dowd & Nash - Shanks statue

Options
  • 27-02-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Calling on TDs O'Dowd & Nash to erect a statue in homage to Frank 'Shanks' Godfrey alongside Socks Byrne & the handball lad celebrating his contribution to politics in Louth.

Sign this petition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Calling on TDs O'Dowd & Nash to erect a statue in homage to Frank 'Shanks' Godfrey alongside Socks Byrne & the handball lad celebrating his contribution to politics in Louth.

Sign this petition.

Jesus Garrincha, all the way from Brazil you are some sh1t stirrer. By the way Joey Maher is the handballer lad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

That would be great a statue for someone who never done a days work in his life, are you for real.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

macadam wrote: »
    That would be great a statue for someone who never done a days work in his life, are you for real.

Mr. Godfrey is a bastion to what can be achieved through sheer persistence, hard work and a minimum of expertise.

Minimum expertise, could'nt of said it any better its as close to none as you will get.
    Fair play to him €42k a year plus expenses which could be double that amount for going to a few meetings, thats what is wrong with this country wasting money on the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I get jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Aw lads, surely his Disco days in the 80's are worth a statue on the quay? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

washiskin wrote: »
    Aw lads, surely his Disco days in the 80's are worth a statue on the quay? ;)

They would have to have him wearing the white sailor suit he used to wear while doing DJ in the Central on a Wednesday night in the '80. Funniest thing I have ever been to, you'd have to see it to understand.

Jaysus I am wreckin me head trying to think of his DJ name, he used to do the Ross as well before and after the live bands brush shiels and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭furiousox

Franklin Dee?
    I must be nearly as old as you macadam! ;)

CPL 593H

macadam wrote: »
    Jaysus I am wreckin me head trying to think of his DJ name, he used to do the Ross as well before and after the live bands brush shiels and the likes.

Glad to see you got the joke, :D Franklin D I think? as in Roosevelt

• Advertisement

Glad to see you got the joke, :D Franklin D I think? as in Roosevelt

Just got it and rushed backit was on the tip of my tongue, he used to play the hall in Dunleer some craic, think thats his own name as in Frank D Godfrey, I take it all back and say sorry you did work as a DJ, your man that owns Sullivan auctineers took over from him.

@ furiousox, Id say I started at a young age, will leave it at that.

Frank also had a coffee shop in Drogheda, James St. I think.

Frank also had a coffee shop in Drogheda, James St. I think.

A replica of the coffee shops in old Amsterdam?
    Dont forget about Frank's country cottage and the Pig

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Mr. Muddle wrote: »
    They would have to have him wearing the white sailor suit he used to wear while doing DJ in the Central on a Wednesday night in the '80. Funniest thing I have ever been to, you'd have to see it to understand.

Mr. Muddle, those are the best collection of words I have read this year.

Advertisement