Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uplink

Options
  • 26-02-2011 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Please move this if its wrong, But it never ends, and is a fun game. I do not know where to class it. Maybe strategy. But for now, Ill leave it here to be moved where it should be.

Has anyone played it? If so, What do you do?

My BRIEF summary: It's a really fun, basic game. It's all pretend hacking stuff and It's not just all text crap. Just look it up, it's all so complicated to do and requires thinking which, as I said, it is slightly strategical.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uplink_%28video_game%29

Uplink right pretend to be a hacker? Excellent game from what i remember. Actually its the soundtrack i remember the most from it was pretty good. I might see if i can dig my copy out from the attic and give it another play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Great game. Had it years ago and lost it with new computers and stuff.
    Then I think it was Green Man Gaming were doing it on special a while back - got it for €1 or something ridiculous.

It's nice to play every once in a while as it's not your typical game. Don't really know what genre I'd put it in, simulation maybe? That said, it bears little resemblence to actual hacking. Really fun though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I used to love Uplink and yeah the music was great too.

I always remember getting caught in some way, was there any way to complete it.

I seem to remember there being some hidden stuff in it too, like some cool files hidden in strange places or something. Also I think if you open up the CD case fully the back piece of paper, behind the CD has some secret stuff on it or something.

I did also in my immaturity think that that was about all there was to hacking, ah well.

Advertisement