Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultraviolet recruiting

Options
  • 26-02-2011 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

ultravioletlogo.png
    It's been a short while since I visited these forums, mainly because I decided to concentrate on competing within the FPS scene rather than merge into the fighting scene.

Anyway as of yesterday I have become console manager within an irish gaming organisationg, Ultraviolet. Ultraviolet began in June 2009 with just a CSS team, since then they have grown greatly with a multitude of teams on various platforms and have attended near a dozen LANs so far.

What Ultraviolet Gaming can provide:

> Entry to online tournaments/pay to plays.
    > Partial LAN support
    > Team shirt
    > Gamertag Points for name change
    > Potential Hardware

Interested?

PS: Here is a link to our current website. The website is slightly outdated at the minute as we currently have a new one in development.

Thanks for reading,

Mark.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

So that was just a fancy way of saying 'clan' then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I always think teams are better off approaching players they'd like to sign...The statistics and information regarding good player choices are here / streetfighter.ie

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 TheHatchetMan

Well considering I have been in clans which just play online, no it isn't.

Find me a clan which sends players to MLG events in America or is sponsored by relatively well known companys, then fair enough.

If you follow the competiteve gaming scene though then you would know that there are no 'clans' at the forefront.

Edit: Thanks sabre, I notice coblecog still seems to be at the top, or the 'irish cammy' as they called him, I know the SSFIV scene every so slightly :) I agree with you in a sense that I probably should of put more research in, the main priority is LANable players though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

What, no fighting games. Your barking up the wrong tree so.If
    there ain't no fireball motions ya can stick your clan up your Wazoo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is a LAN like where you let companies dictate that you can't play on the same console? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

No need to be rude Unky. Think the reason their posting here is that the clan is branching into other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ahh sorry if that's the case.I thought it was a random plug for a FPS clan.
    A room full of a hundred sweaty kids with high pitched squeaky voices playing
    C.O.D.
    My worst nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

A room full of a hundred sweaty kids with high pitched squeaky voices playing
    C.O.D

Oh the irony of that statement!

The only difference being age, and in some cases, not even that. :D

Well considering I have been in clans which just play online, no it isn't.

Find me a clan which sends players to MLG events in America or is sponsored by relatively well known companys, then fair enough.

If you follow the competiteve gaming scene though then you would know that there are no 'clans' at the forefront.

Edit: Thanks sabre, I notice coblecog still seems to be at the top, or the 'irish cammy' as they called him, I know the SSFIV scene every so slightly :) I agree with you in a sense that I probably should of put more research in, the main priority is LANable players though.

The format of clan doesn't really work for fighting games in the same way it does for FPS's imho. Simple reason is that COD et al are, generally, team games. Fighting games are not.

Best of luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Evil Geniuses, for example, would say otherwise. "Clan" is just a term that has always been used - even for games such as Quake, Starcraft, etc - also 1v1 games for the most part. Used interchangably with "team".

At the end of the day, it's a support structure - from travel, bookings, free gear all the way up to wages.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kraski

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Evil Geniuses, for example, would say otherwise. "Clan" is just a term that has always been used - even for games such as Quake, Starcraft, etc - also 1v1 games for the most part. Used interchangably with "team".

At the end of the day, it's a support structure - from travel, bookings, free gear all the way up to wages.

As pointed out by Sabre0001, clan is just a fancy name. There is a lot more behind competitive gaming, we have companies paying for lan support for various teams and invest their money into organisations towards expansion and wages. Evil Geniuses were capable to send 2 players to Korea just so they could get a jist of what it's like to be abroad and play SC2 on a daily basis. It certainly wouldn't be a nightmare for you, if you'd be the lucky winner of the prize money which has reached 500,000dollars 2 years ago at the CGS.

People don't take competitive gaming seriously... huge debate going on whether Gaming is addictive or not (Panorama BBC1) it's just so hard to explain to an ordinary person what competitive gaming really is and the actual benefits from it.

I'm just following Evil Geniuses idea, trying to start something serious in Ireland... funds are always limited although I have went too far to just give up and stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

kraski wrote: »
    People don't take competitive gaming seriously... huge debate going on whether Gaming is addictive or not (Panorama BBC1) it's just so hard to explain to an ordinary person what competitive gaming really is and the actual benefits from it.
    I think it's because, outside of South Korea, every previous attempt has shown that there isn't mass market interest in watching gaming as a sport. Hell, there's never even been a market for a serious TV show about games (reviews, features, etc.) in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

kraski wrote: »

Man that panorama documentary made me really angry, and I just read excerpts from it.

Man that panorama documentary made me really angry, and I just read excerpts from it.

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've edited your email and stuff out of the OP. That kinda stuff is frowned upon in public onboards for a few reasons, but giving it out via pm is fine.

I'd be interested, mainly if there was money being given for travelling abroad. I'd love to do it more but it's costly.

Advertisement