Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lights left ON alarm -Audi A4

Options
  • 26-02-2011 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,

The alarm which normally sounds when I exit the car when I have left the lights on is no longer sounding. What could be the cause of this? How can I fix this?

Appreciate any help on this.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,413 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Guesswork here but does your drivers door turn on the interior light when open? If it doesn't then it could be the door switch which I think is part of the lock. Hopefully its not the buzzer itself which I believe is part of the instrument cluster.

Must be added that I'm not a mechanic and not qualified to answer on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Must be added that I'm not a mechanic and not qualified to answer on this forum.

I don't think we need to be qualified mechanics to answer here or do we?

I'm no mechanic but I would have experience of DIY repairs which I would be happy to pass on .

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

I had the same problem with a passat.

it was the door switch which is in the door lock.

the car doesn't know the door has opened so no warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭brian2me

Thanks Frank, were you able to fix it yourself or was it done at a garage if so what was the cost?

My interior light comes on when i open the drivers door, but the light on the jam of the door is not working, would there be an connection between the main lights alarm and the door jam light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

Possible diy job alright. there are some write ups on the web to help.

Some bits are a bit fiddelly. I think the lock was about 100 the barrel can be swapped easily to the new one.

Look for paasat or a4 or a6 all use similiar I would say.

Possible diy job alright. there are some write ups on the web to help.

Some bits are a bit fiddelly. I think the lock was about 100 the barrel can be swapped easily to the new one.

Look for paasat or a4 or a6 all use similiar I would say.

thanks Frank

Advertisement