Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme Warfare Revenge

Options
  • 26-02-2011 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I'm sure some of you have played it or are on the EWB boards.

If not, simply put. You are the head of a Wrestling Promotion of your choice, you book the matches, storylines etc. Anyone wants it, let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sounds like they came up with a name for it by picking words out of a hat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

EWR= my last year in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dizzya

Sounds like they came up with a name for it by picking words out of a hat

lol, I was always wondering were they got that preposterous name

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

is it an actual pc game or just an e-fed? because we have that on boards :D (BWE)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    is it an actual pc game or just an e-fed? because we have that on boards :D (BWE)

Actual PC Game :D. No graphics or anything though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Wasted a lot of time playing that. :)

Not a fan of Total Extreme Warfare for the same reasons I gave up on Football Management games it became less fun and too over-modded.

drayme wrote: »
    Wasted a lot of time playing that. :)

Not a fan of Total Extreme Warfare for the same reasons I gave up on Football Management games it became less fun and too over-modded.

I agree with a on TEW (although never on FM, I love them). Way too complicated and long. Plus don't get me started on the CPU at other promotions

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I like EWR and have played it a lot but can never stick with it long term. I always find it hard striking a balance by having fun with wrestlers I know of and not choosing a fed which either can't compete with a higher one or just blows all the others out of the water.

I do love getting the chance to book real wrestlers though; my favorite game was when I accidently got both the MCMGs up to 99OVR a :S

I like EWR and have played it a lot but can never stick with it long term. I always find it hard striking a balance by having fun with wrestlers I know of and not choosing a fed which either can't compete with a higher one or just blows all the others out of the water.

I do love getting the chance to book real wrestlers though; my favorite game was when I accidently got both the MCMGs up to 99OVR a :S

Same, my longest game most be about 8 months or so. I just give up evantually. But still hella' fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Whats this exactly? Never heard of it and it sounds interesting

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Whats this exactly? Never heard of it and it sounds interesting

Basically it's a free wrestling manager. It's basically the GM Mode from previous years Smackdown games, but, with the right updates, includes every wrestler, promotion, etc out there. You book shows, decide feuds and matches and try and raise your promotion up to a wordwide phenomena.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Warfare#Extreme_Warfare_Revenge

EDIT: Should also point out the popularity can also be attributed to the huge ammount of scenarios available outside the basic up-to-date rosters; for example, I have one which is set when Vince bought out WCW and ECW, and then divorced Linda. Each McMahon decides to start up a new fed from scratch and you choose which to run. Everyone is a free agent so you have to assemble the best roster asap.

I think that could be my night sorted, I was mad into my fantasy booking when i was small. I've loads of copys with my own promotions from when I was like 7 or 8. This sounds unreal!

edit: where might i download this anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Mick-Foley.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I think that could be my night sorted, I was mad into my fantasy booking when i was small. I've loads of copys with my own promotions from when I was like 7 or 8. This sounds unreal!

edit: where might i download this anyone?
    Full game: http://www.classic-pc-games.com/pc/sports/extreme_warfare_revenge.html

Most up-to-date roster I can find, the forum has a guide on how to update your roster:
    http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78054

Full game: http://www.classic-pc-games.com/pc/sports/extreme_warfare_revenge.html

Most up-to-date roster I can find, the forum has a guide on how to update your roster:
    http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78054

Or you can just download it from EWB. It's their.

Also, are you allowed to put links to other forums?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Mick-Foley.jpg

Just to say that after the draft the BWE is going to be unstickied unless we get some new people interested in writing and we can just skip forward a few months storyline wise and restart. If people are interested check the hot links sticky and say so in the BWE thread.
    Dizzya wrote:
    Or you can just download it from EWB. It's their.

Also, are you allowed to put links to other forums?

I'll allow it in this case as it's productive. Usually when it's not allowed its cos its spam/advertising with someone just trying to get people to visit their site. I'ts not like he's saying use that forum not this one. Similarily someone started a thread recently asking how to start ones own PW board, that was allowed but when he started a thread advertising his board as an alternative for boards.ie users mod action was taken against the poster

In that case:

http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index.php?showforum=5

Everything you will ever need for EWR is right there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

This game looks great, but also looks highly addictive :confused:

Charisteas wrote: »
    This game looks great, but also looks highly addictive :confused:

It is, but you cannot turn it down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Dizzya wrote: »
    It is, but you cannot turn it down

challenge-accepted.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Challenge-Accepted-HD-1

• Advertisement

Argh, gonna start a new game now then. Think I'll run as TNA but change the game so Daniel Bryan and CM Punk are on Impact rather than Raw <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Argh, gonna start a new game now then. Think I'll run as TNA but change the game so Daniel Bryan and CM Punk are on Impact rather than Raw <_<

Has it ever happened anyone playing this that the game just cancels after doing a show? I decided to give it a proper go there yesterday and after doing a smackdown show the game just did that error thing that modern things just love to do. Any idea why this might be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sounds like a wrestling version of CM 99/00

Advertisement