Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are poor people stupid?

Options
  • 26-02-2011 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

the boxes have been opened for Mountview in Dublin, a place with a lot of social housing.

joe higgins has polled a massive 93 number 1, second is on 35. joe higgins represents a party with absolutely no plan whatsoever after defaulting and in turn making ireland worse off than it already is.

are poor stupid thick enough not to know sums so they vote for stuff like this? a lot of sinn fein supports are also poor.

link: http://www.politics.ie/elections/154120-one-box-dublin-west-mountview.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

People voting for Joe Higgins are quite intelligent. They are voting for someone who is honest and calls a spade a spade. Maybe its yourself whos stupid If you believe that the likes of FF and FG etc actually have a plan thats going to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Regardless of whether or not you are correct in your disdain for Higgins and his policies and no matter how disastrous the implementation of such policies might (or might not) turn out to be the poor by definition are going to have less to loose either way so a vote for Joe Higgins would be no more "stupid" than a vote for any of the parties responsible for their situation in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Are rich people stupid, voting for parties which think a little country like us can actually pay off the colossal multi billion euro bank debt?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

By poor you mean working class, yeah? Are you stupid enough to think our vote is not as good as yours? How did you vote?

Maybe we should go back to allowing only middle and upper class males aged over 35 to vote. That'll sort out the proles and their Bolshevism

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

One box does not an election result make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If Joe Higgins was running in my constituency I'd probably have voted for him. You'd struggle to find a more honest politician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Cosimo Salvatore

Im poor and not stewpit

• Registered Users Posts: 45,271 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Lets vote back in corrupt politicans because that isn't stupid at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Igster61

I think naive rather than stupid. Also that area is comprised mostly of working class families whose natural bent is mainly to the left. Many comments are made about the tribalism of FF/FG supporters. Working class people can be just as tribal in the leftist sense. Unfortunately, many people vote emotionally and do not take long view.
    Anyway, that result will be not be reflected at the end of the counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would have Voted Joe Higgens if he was in my constituency, He was one of only a few that was against the Lisbon referendum, he was the only one to have the balls to speak out against the sell out of Ireland in front of Borosso, He speaks about justice against politicians, developers and Banksters, something that we will NEVER see.

Perhaps if Joe Higgins was in power instead of those other gangsters Fiana Fail and the rest of the idiots that destroyed our country we wouldn't be in the right mess that we are in today,

• Advertisement

Im poor and not stewpit

i no ur knot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Cosimo Salvatore

To answer your very intelligent question, Yes. Yes poor people are stupid. Didn't you know that intelligence is measured on how much money one has ?

are poor stupid thick enough not to know sums so they vote for stuff like this? a lot of sinn fein supports are also poor.

As someone who voted SF I am quite offended to be called stupid by someone who can type a "sentence" like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Is there a chance that the poor dont believe the bull shoite from Fianna failure, and cannot stand the arrogant nature of Leo Vadaker......

I would say mountview is quite intelligent.

the boxes have been opened for Mountview in Dublin, a place with a lot of social housing.

joe higgins has polled a massive 93 number 1, second is on 35. joe higgins represents a party with absolutely no plan whatsoever after defaulting and in turn making ireland worse off than it already is.

link: http://www.politics.ie/elections/154120-one-box-dublin-west-mountview.html

Did they not show you how to use capital letters in rich school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

You'd struggle to find a more honest politician.
    We need politicians who are smarter than the bankers not honest ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Well he got my number one, I am not poor and would hazard a guess that I am better educated than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Who's a hungry troll?

You are.

Yes you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

know sums
    know sums

ah ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SamSamSammy

RTEdublinWEST RTEdublinWEST
    Boxes open so far have a bias towards Joe Higgins in terms of location. About half the boxes yet to be opened. #ge11 #dubw

twitter.

it seems poor people are already poor, so have nothing to lose, unfortunate they want everybody to be poor rather than themselves.... thats the way i see it.
    maybe if they were smarter, they'd vote better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I do tihnk there is a relationship between the level of education in working class areas and a support for "extreme" parties. SF, SWP expoilt this with slogans like "Burn the Bondholders" promising to take all of the money from the wealthy and give it to the poor without any sort of realistic chance of that happening. Certainly without significant negative effects to the working class of the country.

Personally I wouldnt want to see SWP/SF in power no matter how nice their politicians are. I have met lovely FF/FG TDs but I wouldnt want them running the show. Its about policies not personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Does it really need to be pointed out that it was rich people that got us into this mess to begin with? How many poor people were speculating on the markets and investing in Anglo?

Boxes open so far have a bias towards Joe Higgins in terms of location. About half the boxes yet to be opened. #ge11 #dubw

twitter.

it seems poor people are already poor, so have nothing to lose, unfortunate they want everybody to be poor rather than themselves.... thats the way i see it.

Maybe if you were less arrogant and could type a semi-intelligent grammatical post people would stop seeing you as a troll.

Once again, I'll ask. How did you vote? What's your constituency? My guess is you didn't vote, you're underage and daddy's an FFer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Umm, I dunno loike OP - maybe you are roysh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Hard working, visible canvasser, tireless campaigner romps home first in his heartland.

Shock horror:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

twitter.

I've seen better trolls then you.

*remembers the golden days of AH with imaginative trolls*

I've seen better trolls then you.

*remembers the golden days of AH with imaginative trolls*

You mean the literate ones? Yeah, I miss them sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

You know who is stupid, OP?

Trolls are stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

twitter.

This is the plan, we had such a great laugh at rich folk at the end 2008 we wanna see them come down another notch or two.Soon enough your Daddys wallet is gonna dry up, HAHHAHAHAHAHA
    What you gonna do then Sammy??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SamSamSammy

sorry if i offended, the poor seem angry folk too... sorry.

What difference does it possibly make if I shhhhhtick a capital at the start? Of course, you attack my on no capital's, is it because my post is correct and therefore you cannot attack that? Truth hurts sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement