Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help!

Options
  • 25-02-2011 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

ok well im just looking for some help and advise.

My mocks are starting this monday coming,and well..i havn't done a tap.
    I want to do a plc course in galway for music production after the leavin because im still fairly young etc.. and ive applied for it and stuff,thats kinda why i havn't done a thing for my mocks,but now i feel guilty and that im screwed. Are plc's of any value or am i doing a stupid thing all together? And,are the mocks really that important or will i much time left to revise before the actual leaving cert exam?
    im basiclly in a state of depression now with it all,im confused on wether i should just relax and go do the plc and then go to college,or work like jesus to get the points and go straight to college.

any advice is welcome

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

If you are quite young and you're not very sure what you want to do then go for the PLC (ensure you won't lose your free fees for college, I've no idea how that one works, I assume you're doing a PLC and then moving into university afterwards, times the way they are I don't know if just a PLC would be any good), but I'd keep working. Spend the weekend studying your easier subjects and get a fair grounding in them. The mocks are important to know where you stand in terms of how much you have done and how much you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I think doing a PLC is really good idea as it gives you time to make a decision you're more sure of and not jump straight into a 3 or 4 year course. I was going to do one then when I saw I got a level 8 I didn't and really regret it. But that by no means not to try in the Leaving, it's nice to have a good Leaving to fall back on in case the PLC doesn't go as planned and you don't get the results from that, you still have Leaving Cert points you can use to move onto college.

Just because you get good points, doesn't mean you shouldn't do a PLC, and just because you're going to do a PLC doesn't mean you shouldn't try in the Leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Regardless of whether you want to do a PLC course or go straight to college give the leaving cert the best of your ability,you may change your mind & need it. Don't look back & say I wish I done something.

Over 100 days until leaving cert forget the mocks.
    100 Days, 4 (concentrated) hours of study a day.
    Means alot of material can be trawled through, it's not to late but it soon will be.

If you want to do a PLC course, do a PLC course. There's no reason to rush straight into college. But definitely still try for the leaving.

Regardless of whether or not you have a job already, you're going to be looking for one in the future, and there's a lot of competition out there. It will really stand to you to do your best in the leaving to show employers you can achieve good things when you try. Anyway, what can it hurt to cram a bit? There's plenty of time now to cram 3 or 4 days a week and try your best when it gets to exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Open Days for lots of PLCs in Galway are on Tuesday week, I know a lot of people got turned away from one particular college last year and has no back up plan so work on studying as much as you can too. fab links to colleges too and a really positive step, I know someone who did one and has done really well from it. best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement