Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Checking college email via gmail account

Options
  • 25-02-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm trying to find a way to check my college email account remotely via gmail, instead of the default squirrel mail (I find the squirrel mail access unreliable and very fiddly to work with).

However I don't know the POP username and settings of my dkit email account. Gmail settings are suggesting mail.dkit.ie as the POP server and my name and surname separated by . as the username, but to no avail.

Apparently the email can be set up this way but the person mentioned it is a lot more computer literate than me when it comes to this type of thing!

Any suggestions welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Hi there,

I'm trying to find a way to check my college email account remotely via gmail, instead of the default squirrel mail (I find the squirrel mail access unreliable and very fiddly to work with).

However I don't know the POP username and settings of my dkit email account. Gmail settings are suggesting mail.dkit.ie as the POP server and my name and surname separated by . as the username, but to no avail.

Apparently the email can be set up this way but the person mentioned it is a lot more computer literate than me when it comes to this type of thing!

Any suggestions welcomed.
    Been trying to do this for a while now and not had any success if u find out how to do this please post here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

You can't.

The best thing that I could find was to use an email client such as Apple's Mail or Thunderbird, set it up with your webmail and gmail and that way all your emails are in one place.

Google "dkit thunderbird webmail" and there is a guide on how to set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

im...LOST wrote: »
    You can't.

The best thing that I could find was to use an email client such as Apple's Mail or Thunderbird, set it up with your webmail and gmail and that way all your emails are in one place.

Google "dkit thunderbird webmail" and there is a guide on how to set it up.

Off topic but great pics on your Pix.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

:(

Advertisement