Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Gaffe

Options
  • 25-02-2011 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi!
    I have come upon an interesting problem in relation to mortages and solicitors.
    I and partner got a mortgage to build a house 13 years ago. Recently I found out that the conveyancing had not been done properly. The solicitor never lodged deeds with bank and does not have them, neither does the bank. They both blame each other. Fortunately after seeking advice and corresponding with the financial ombudsman as well as the other parties I find the deeds are in my name without burden. Can the mortgage still be registered against the deeds or is there a statute of limitations. Has anyone else come upon a similar problem or can someone tell me if I have a case against my solicitor?:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You should probably speak to a solicitor to query this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 swanblack

Thanks for advice. I have spoken to two solicitors who gave me conflicting advice, hence the need to see has anyone else dealt with such a problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So you'd take the word of an anonymous person on an Internet forum :confused:

If I was you I'd try a third solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 swanblack

I am!
    However, all I wanted to know was, had a similar problem been encountered before?

The internet has more people with experience of problems than there is solicitors; therefore, a little practical advice from someone with a similar problem could point me in the direction of a GOOD solicitor, although from previous experience I may as well start looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack.:(

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement