Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INfraction for "conveying a belief"

Options
  • 25-02-2011 8:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I recieved an infraction for telling someone they sounded like a kacker for saying he had 50 fist fights.

regardless of the reason, there is no excuse for ahving 50 fist fights and i believe that this makes them sound like a knacker.

thread here

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056186280&page=6

to which i received a pm from the mod telling me

"Don't call other users knackers"

i pointed out the fact that i didnt call anyone a knacker, i said he "sounded like a knacker"

i believe it is unfair that i got this infraction and would like it overturned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

From the post in question ...
    well with 50 fist fights, you sound like a knacker,.

From your next post ...
    i grew up and lived in Ballymun all my life, thats an area full of scumbags,

From your next post, helpfully explaining your understanding of the word "knacker" ...
    its a derogatory term,, people have attached it to travellers.

And finally ...
    sure ya are buddy, you just keep telling yourself that when your throwing digs with some other scrote

I disagree with your view that this infraction, which will expire in a matter of weeks, is unfair, and I see no reason to overturn it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

you cannt base an opinion of my infraction from follwing quotes. my infraction was from saying someone "sounded like a knacker" so in my opinion anything that came after cannot be taken into this account,, so please keep to the point.

i put it to you that it is unfair. take this example.

I work with some people from kerry, and sometimes take the rise out of them and put on an accent,,, in effect "sounding like a kerryman" yet not actually being one.

this is an example of how sounding like someone does not equate to being one...

common sense will tell you that it is ok to say a mistake has been made. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

The infraction stands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

Typical "Look im right and thats that and i dont care if Im wrong" attitude ive come to expect from the Boards.ie Modery

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Package, you are arguing semantics here. You didn't call him a 'knacker' but your statement clearly says that in your opinion he sounds like one. That's enough for me.

I'm going to let the infraction stand. I know you won't be happy with that but that's my call.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement