Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surviving in the desert on junk

Options
  • 25-02-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

If you were lost in the sahara desert and were left with one of the following junk food items to survive off which one would you pick and why?? :D

1. 2L bottle of coke

2. Bag if skittles

3. bag of marshmallows

4. bag of taytos

5. 2L bottle of dry cider (I know its not really junk food)

I'm well aware they could do harm to you when trying to survive but sure thats the fun in picking out of this lot

Which would you pick 43 votes

2L Bottle of Coke
    0% 0 votes
    2L Bottle of Cider
    55% 24 votes
    Bag of Marshmallows
    20% 9 votes
    Bag of skittles
    13% 6 votes
    bag of taytos
    9% 4 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

2l bottle of coke, it gives you a sugar rush and makes you feel like you ate something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I'd just bring Bear Gryllz.

So I could kill him and bury the body where no one would ever find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'd just bring Bear Gryllz.

So I could kill him and bury the body where no one would ever find it.

...then go get a lift back with his crew and crash in his hotel room...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

why isn't my own piss an option?

marshmallows cause they have substance,big and puffy, fill up the stomach, plus loads of sugar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

coke since id be thirsty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Cybertron85

Marshmellows. To roast on myself when I catch fire with my Irish skin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

the bottle of coke I reckon. You'll die of thirst way more quickly than through lack of food. You could then use the empty bottle as an overnight dew still.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Wibbs wrote: »
    the bottle of coke I reckon. You'll die of thirst way more quickly than through lack of food. You could then use the empty bottle as an overnight dew still.

Come on, do it like bear grylls, piss in the bottle then drink it...and that's just in the hotel room! :D

Thought this was going to be about heroin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I'm very cynical so i'd take the cider and die pissed drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I'd take the Coke IF it was in fact Dr. Pepper. Dr. Pepper has been proven to have medicinal properties beyond homeopathy's wildest dreams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Follow the trails to water. If you know what your doing, you won't need the foods mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

gsxr1 wrote: »

****ing hell I dont know how he does that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

2L bottle of coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

lcrcboy wrote: »
    If you were lost in the sahara desert and were left with one of the following junk food items to survive off which one would you pick and why?? :D

1. 2L bottle of coke

2. Bag if skittles

3. bag of marshmallows

4. bag of taytos

I'm well aware they could do harm to you when trying to survive but sure thats the fun in picking out of this lot

To attract help from airplanes flying overhead or local Beduoins in the desert:

Drink all of the cider. Break open the bottle and unfold it so that it is reasonably flat. You got yourself a mirror.

Take the 2L bottle of coke and try not to shake it when opening it. Use a large sharp tayto like a knife to slice open marshmallows and hollow out the insides. Slide skittles in the hollow marshmallows and then as quickly as possible, stuff as many of the skittled marshmallows into the bottle of coke and tighten down the top. The marshmallow dissolves eventually, exposing the skittles to the coke which react like Mentos. You got yourself a flare.

Take your unfolded cider bottle mirror and your coke bottle flare to the nearest rock, stand well back throw the flare-coke off the rock as hard as you can. It will launch like a rocket, raining the the surrounding countryside in sugary caffeinated fizzed up water, attracting attention. Use your cider bottle mirror to guide them in and pinpoint you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Cider.

If I'm gonna be stuck on an island, the very least that I'd want is to get pissed on the first night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Coke makes me feel thirsty after drinking it sometimes and can give me a headache if its all I have to drink when I am already thirsty.

Is Cidona an option for cider? According to the ads it was the greatest thirst quencher.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

coke would just dehidrate you to much, id have marshmallows and piss thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭papermaker

lcrcboy wrote: »

1. 2L bottle of coke

2. Bag if skittles

3. bag of marshmallows

4. bag of taytos

whats iffy about Skittles ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

papermaker wrote: »
    whats iffy about Skittles ?

ever wonder how they get all does lovely colors onto little chewy balls of sugar :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

I think in these situations it's always safer to ask yourself -what would MacGyver do?!

Advertisement