Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Weather & Climate Conference, March 26th

Options
  • 25-02-2011 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

This may be of interest:

Irish Met Society Weather & Climate Conference 2011
    March 26th
    NUI Maynooth, Co. Kildare
    ** Booking required **

Lectures
    - Earth Vibrations: Earthquakes, Weather and the Earth’s ‘Hum’ by Professor Chris Bean, UCD.
    - Balance in the Atmosphere by Professor Peter Lynch, UCD.
    - Climate Change Adaptation - the Challenges for Ireland by Professor John Sweeney, Department of Geography, NUI Maynooth.
    - A Day in the Life of a Weather Forecaster by Katie Howard, Met Office, Exeter.
    - Let's Go Green by Duncan Stewart, TV presenter and architect.

See http://www.irishmetsociety.org/programme/one-day-conference-2011/conference-details for details and booking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

So people.... Whos gonna be there? :)

Id love to make the earth Vibrations one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Let's Go Green by Duncan Stewart, TV presenter and architect.

Could he actually be any more annoying?

Jake1 wrote: »
    Id love to make the earth Vibrations one.

All of them are gonna be great!,Prof. Chris Bean is a really good speaker also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Iancar29 wrote: »
    So people.... Whos gonna be there? :)

I will be!

• Advertisement

trogdor wrote: »
    I will be!

Cool , shall be seeing u there so Pete!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Well, any news from the conference?? anything worth the posting for us poor boardsie's that couldn't make it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

News is scarce , party must have been good!

any link to presentations, need a good read at the mo.

Hey folks, ye twaz good! , 2 of the lectures wer alot like ones i had when in UCD but still interesting . It was weird seeing Evelyn Cusack, Gerald Fleming and Gerry Murphy just sitting in the seats near us ha.

Unfortunately i couldnt stay for the AGM afterwards so dunno what went on there.

Katie Howard had a good tlk about " a day in a life of a forecaster" . SHe works in the Met Office in the UK. One interesting thing was tlking about her shifts and calls they get in . They do 12 hr shifts. Day, day, night, night.. and then 3 days off!. A lot like nurses i guess.

Oh ye, and i got a nice poster too! ha :D

Advertisement