Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re sole trader

Options
  • 25-02-2011 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I registered as a sole trader under may maiden name a couple of years ago. What do I need to do if I want to change over to conducting business under my married name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wtn24

Thanks for that!

What do I need to do if I haven't registered a company name, just trading under my own name?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

I presume you contact your local tax office to change to your married name

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

wtn24 wrote: »
    What do I need to do if I haven't registered a company name, just trading under my own name?
    You can register a new business name (being your married one), then head up your invoices using this. Contact your bank to change the name on the account.

Are you jointly or seperately assessed? And if jointly is it in your husbands name or yours?

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement