Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Port forwarding

Options
  • 25-02-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Need some community help with my new router.

It will not connect to any game on xbl. Connects to xbl fine... but when I try to join/create a game, I can't connect. Now I am aware of the port forwarding requirement but it aint feckin working. I went to portforward.com and technically my router, although new, isn't listed.

I have this router. It is technically not listed but I think that this one is the closest. It certainly looks like the same/similar firmware. Link.

The problem is that when I try to follow that, or even using a bit of common sense where its different, I get a "DUPLICATE PORT NUMBER" error when I try to put in start and end ports of the same number even though it is this that's suggested in the guides.

Any ideas? - I really don't want to have to change out a router every time I want to play some SSF4 online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does it have a upnp option? Thats the easiest way to do it if it does.

EDIT: Quick google says it does so turn that on and use automatic for your ip address in the xbox settings. That should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

It does.... I set them..

Active the Universal Plug and Play(UPNP) Service - on/ticked

Allow users to make configuration changes through UPnP - on/ticked.

These weren't on but I am pretty sure that they were before I tried to 'fix' it.

I have set them back to 'on' ad will try it again later. I'll post up when I try.... I hope it works.

Thanks Bush!

Ye just use upnp and dont change any port forwarding settings at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

does this mean lagless games btw?

No it wont fix any lag unless the new router is better than the old one, maybe.

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    does this mean lagless games btw?

If I can get it working I think it will be as lag-less as can be done with our line.

Lag has nothing to do with your losses btw....

ayjayirl wrote: »
    If I can get it working I think it will be as lag-less as can be done with our line.

Lag has nothing to do with your losses btw....

your the one that always leaves after i download you after one game
    "cant tech, too laggy" - make that your motto ?

I thought you guys got a new connection, which is why i assumed there is a new router. anyway anything that can help get rid of that lag so you can tech

Placebo wrote: »
    your the one that always leaves after i download you after one game
    "cant tech, too laggy" - make that your motto ?

I thought you guys got a new connection, which is why i assumed there is a new router. anyway anything that can help get rid of that lag so you can tech

Hopefully.

Download me? Good one. ;)

182287_10150129279830115_567805114_8255476_3312994_n.jpg
    i cannot wait for our first to 10 at inferno.
    its ****in on Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

If you still have no luck you could try putting the 360 on your routers DMZ

• Advertisement
Advertisement