Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up mail issues on imac

Options
  • 25-02-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi I'm having difficulty setting up my ireland.com email on my imac. I can receive emails but I can't seem to send any.

Has anyone setup this email address on their mac before and could you tell me what settings to use.

The incoming mail serve is pop3.ireland.com
    the outgoing server is smtpx.ireland.com
    and I'm using the default ports 25, 465, 587

Thanks for any help you might have.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Have you entered your username and password for the outgoing server?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭geoffraffe

I'm not sure to be honest. How would I do that?

Thanks for the reply.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When you are entering the outgoing server settings you need to tell it to use SSL and authenticate with a password. Then enter your username (probably the whole email address) and password.

If it's already set up, go Mail > Preferences > Accounts > [Your email account] in the sidebar > Outgoing mail server (the menu at the bottom) > select Edit SMTP server list. You'll be able to enter it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭geoffraffe

Sad P you've just made me a very Happy G.

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

Seriously though, thanks for the help. It's working fine now. Really appreciate your time.

Advertisement