Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy sterling

Options
  • 25-02-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for someone who would sell 1400 GBP, the bank exchange spread
    is a rip off imo - over 5% difference between buy and sell. The current price
    is 1.2013 / 1.1371. I am willing to pay the average of the two +1% = 1.1809
    which gives 1654 EUR. Anyone earning in Sterling spending in EUR?

This is money for an ebay auction - not really sure which forum would be most appropriate.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

zarafiq wrote: »
    This is money for an ebay auction - not really sure which forum would be most appropriate.

Banking would be the appropriate place to ask about money. If you're buying something on eBay, then cash is a very bad idea. You will have no come back at all once the cash is handed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

have a look at currencyfair.com. It might be suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toboldlygo

zarafiq wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I am looking for someone who would sell 1400 GBP, the bank exchange spread
    is a rip off imo - over 5% difference between buy and sell. The current price
    is 1.2013 / 1.1371. I am willing to pay the average of the two +1% = 1.1809
    which gives 1654 EUR. Anyone earning in Sterling spending in EUR?

Thanks

You may resent the Banks for the credit mess we are in and want to avoid paying them for anything; but face it - you don't go to McDonalds to buy a TV. Currency exchange is what Banks do and any other business exchanging currency will be doing so to make a buck too!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭zarafiq

Toboldlygo wrote: »
    You may resent the Banks for the credit mess we are in and want to avoid paying them for anything; but face it - you don't go to McDonalds to buy a TV. Currency exchange is what Banks do and any other business exchanging currency will be doing so to make a buck too!

Not trying to buy a TV in McD, trying to avoid McD and buy fresh beef
    from a farmer.

Advertisement