Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

citroen 2.2hdi blown turbo

Options
  • 25-02-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

turbo blown maybe engine too. wont know till post mort this weekend , just want to know if a 1.6 /1.9/2.0 hdi engine fits into the 2.2 mounts. are the electrics the same?
    just thought smaller engine smaller tax. if replacement is the issue .
    any thoughts ???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Not a good idea at all. The wiring loom would need changing, the car would still be registered as a 2.2 so tax would not change, so would have a job on your hands to try and get it re-registered with the smaller engine. The car would also be saleproof.

Far better bet is to seek out a replacement engine if it is blown, Traynors up North would be the place to start.

Or if the car is worth less than the replacement engine then walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

if its a turbo and you want advice, I can get you the best advice. pm me if needed.

rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Like Stevie i'd stick with the original size engine...:)
    What year..model Citroen have you got....??

Advertisement