Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How hard is it to get a cat in Dublin?

Options
  • 25-02-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been fostering dogs and kittens for a couple of different charities here in Dublin and am desperate for cats of my own!

The stupid thing is I'm allowed to foster with DSPCA (and others) but they won't let me adopt as I'm in rented accomodation.

I've tried Gumtree and avoided a few idiotic scammers, but otherwise no replies. I've contacted several other charities with no response.

Any advice? Should I just go and trap me a couple of ferals and attempt to tame them?

Help?!
    *wannabecatlady*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

My sister is looking for a home for a lovely cat, she's slightly older but is very nice. If you are interested PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

Hey I know of a lovely cat that is looking for a place to call his own - sadly his young owner has been admitted to the hospice and the gentlemans brother took the cat in but has a dog who hatest the cat and the cat is currently in a room 24/7.

I have no problem in letting people in rented accomodation adopt cat once your landlord is aware of the cat and has no issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

The DSPCA will allow you to adopt a cat in rented accommodation if you have written permission from your landlord. We got a cat, Potus, back in September and are living in a rented apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I would have thought most places would let you adopt provided you had written permission from your landlord. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Problem with written permission is that its not binding so the landlord can change their mind, and in my experience frequently do (with dogs anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Ring around your local vets. They frequently have notices up, or know of litters looking for homes. That's how we got our little one!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭hpsheba

I have a 4 year old indoor male neutered cat, fully vaccinated etc looking for a home if you are still looking. His owner has gone into a hospice and sadly will not be coming back out. If you are interested pm me . Thanks

Advertisement