Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating and Selling websites

Options
  • 25-02-2011 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of creating a few websites. I would make sure the design looked great, the content was good with a nice domain name.

How much would a site on average make, without a PR rank or revenue being sold online? Would it be worth doing or a waste of time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Personally I think it is a waste of time - Why would anyone buy a random website. If it was a random site making money then that is a different story.

Be much better off spending your time and energy creating website templates and selling them on templatemonster or some similar template store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i'll take two !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Have a look on someing like Flippa, see what sites are going for.

It's doable, but there's a fair bit of work involved in finding a desirable niche, getting a decent domain name, setting up a nice site and populating it with useful content. If you're doing it for one site with the intention of building traffic and making money from ads and affiliate sales that's one thing, but not sure if it's going to be worthwhile doing it with a string of sites just to sell them off.

Advertisement