Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish.

Options
  • 25-02-2011 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭

We are just the same as everyone else basically. Some of us are racist, some of us are not. Some of us are friendly, some of us are not. Some of us begrudge success, some of us celebrate it. Some of us want to never step foot off Irish soil, some of us want to travel the whole world. Some of us have no interest in politics and never vote, some of us are deeply involved in it. Some of us are tall, some of us are short. Some of us are fat, some of us are skinny. Some of us are illiterate and stupid, some of us are highly educated and intelligent. Some of us are breathtakingly pretty, some of us are hideously ugly. Some of us are different to people in x country, some of us are the exact same.

If I didn't know better I would almost think we are humans. That people in other countries are humans too and that basically we are not particularly unique or special in any way, good or bad, just as they are not particularly unique or special in any way, good or bad.

But seriously, how come Irish people are so........................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There are certain traits specific to us, because of them being culturally learned (and some genetic ones too) but otherwise, yeah, we're - shock horror! - just people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

We are special.

American guests on the Late Late Show tell us so.

This usually follows the question 'You feel a real connection with Ireland, don't you, what's so special about us?'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

What I like about the Irish is that they like having multiple threads about the Irish running concurrently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Fvckin hell enough with the Irish threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

its the fairy blood & poteen still in our veins that make us unique. Or so we are told

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Fizman wrote: »
    What I like about the Irish is that they like having multiple threads about the Irish running concurrently.

self confessed self obsessed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement