Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you got a (Wood Pellet) Hopper looking for a good home???

Options
  • 25-02-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have a Gerkros Woodpecker Wood Pellet boiler located in a boiler house sized 10ft x 12ft. The attaching hopper is damaged beyond repair although the auger mechanism is still intact. I am looking for a replacement, possibly up to a 500kg capacity. I will consider any suggestion or variation at this stage.

Thanking you in advance,

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Still on the look out for a bulk Wood Pellet store. Just had 1500kg delivered in 15kg bags, storage was handy in this fine weather, but may no be so wonderful in the depths of winter.

All options considered.

Regards,

T

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Twiggy69 wrote: »
    Still on the look out for a bulk Wood Pellet store. Just had 1500kg delivered in 15kg bags, storage was handy in this fine weather, but may no be so wonderful in the depths of winter.

All options considered.

Regards,

T

Bring the old one to a fabricator/welder. It can be repaired or a new one fabricated.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Thanks, I have it repaired and it's currently in use. I am looking at the possibility of picking up a bulk silo/ hopper up to 3 tonne capacity. If I don't locate one, I will build a plywood unit in the boiler house in the springtime. I am feeding the existing hopper on a weekly basis at the moment.

Again, if someone has a bulk pellet store available, I will be glad to hear from them.

Regards,

T

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭redcard

hi there,

i have a hopper for sale but by the sound of it it would be a bit small for you it holds about 15 of the 15kg bags. my boiler keeps shutting off and needs looking at but i cant get anyone to service it do you have a grekros technician you can reccomend to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

Hi,

I would not recommend fitting a larger hopper than the one that came as part of your Gerkros system, the reason explained to me at training with Gerkros (before grants) is the auger can take the small changes in pressure from the weight of the fuel in the small hopper.

When the hopper is full the turns auger at the required number of resolutions delivering the correct amount of fuel to the burner, as the hopper empties the auger speeds up (slightly) delivering a little more fuel than programmed for but not enough to cause the burner problems.

The troubles started when installers started fitting the augers into big storage tanks, as the burner is drop feed the amount of fuel delivered suffered changes that were too much for the burner to cope with.

I hope the above is some help (and makes sense).

• Advertisement
Advertisement