Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic, vivaro & primaster

Options
  • 24-02-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Guys,
    I am getting a new van and was wondering what is the difference between
    1. Renault traffic
    2. Opel Vivaro
    3. Nissan primaster..

Is ther any reliability issues between the three or are they essentially the same unit??
    cheers in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Guys,
    I am getting a new van and was wondering what is the difference between
    1. Renault traffic
    2. Opel Vivaro
    3. Nissan primaster..

Is ther any reliability issues between the three or are they essentially the same unit??
    cheers in advance
    All made by renault i think. gearbox tends to go at 60000miles, supposedly a laguna gearbox, while engine packs in at anything close to or barely over 100000miles. Take a look at donedeal, most of the ones being sold have 90000(give or take a few 1000 miles)done. Apparently start to fall apart when they get to the 100000 mile mark as well. just my 2cents though.
    ps. Actually seen one let go in clare just before xmas. I was just after coming off that new bypass built recently on my way from Galway, i was driving in the roslevan area, smoke everywhere. hope this helps dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Harrier1980

We are thinking around 2007 with 60k odd miles.. What would the best van be?? We need the same space as the LWB traffic in the van???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

We are thinking around 2007 with 60k odd miles.. What would the best van be?? We need the same space as the LWB traffic in the van???
    i ended up with a new shape caddy in the end, but thats no good to you. Tis a hard one. Hiace? Transit? but god there ugly. You could try a new shape vito (never anything under 05, or you might as well cut the roof off and use it as a flower bed)! Watch out for rust though, the white ones seem to suffer more from this problem for some reason.
    Why cant they build a van we can all go to work in!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

A Hi-ace has to be the most reliable van by some distance IMO. Transits are pretty good to and generally cheap to repair due to the popularity and easy of getting parts.

The new Hi-ace is ugly but sure reliability is more important then looks in a van IMO

Advertisement