Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda wheelers saturday spin 26/2/11

Options
  • 24-02-2011 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Hope the weather is good for this saturday, leaving from bottom of Mary street at 10am (beside the monument).
    See you there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

looking good weather wise for Saturday.looks like a west wind pretty strong so why dont you make out a good route off the main roads.
    hope my wheel holds up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

looking good weather wise for Saturday.looks like a west wind pretty strong so why dont you make out a good route off the main roads.
    hope my wheel holds up :)
    Hey dont be puttin pressure on me I am still only a junior in this group,how about, Drogheda, collon, ardee, reaghstown, tallanstown bellingham, port, togher, CASTLECOO and back, 78klms 48miles.

sounds good to me ,you can let everyone know the route when we meet up :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Sounds like a plan.. see you Saturday..

going for a short spin now just to test out my wheel should be fine but the way my luck has been going lately if i bough a duck it would sink :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

sounds good to me ,you can let everyone know the route when we meet up :D:D
    I dont mind where we go, that was a lovely route Willie brought us last week, i will go anywhere so long as the weather is good.
    decrrr, can pick you up at wogans if you wish.

More hills please for me...!!! There's a great one we can take on the road into Ardee if people are interested :-)

It's only around 200m in length and the gradient does not get higher than 16%...

just got in 15 miles wheel seems ok ;) jesus the wind was strong so if it's a wast wind in the morn and i thing it is that route will haft to be looked at :D:D i will have a look at the map and see if i can come up with a nice route .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I'll be there. The more hills the better!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭zxcvbnm12

what is this about.im in drogheda for the wk end so id like to see whatever this is

• Advertisement

lads i think the best route would be around the coast from castlebelligham we can head tallonstown to ardee hunterstown home by collon
    whats with all the hill's are you lot doing secret training.:D:D
    anyway see you all at 10 o clock bottom of marystreet. zxc do you know where the meeting place is.your more than welcome to join us remember we are not a racing group at least i'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

Enjoy tomorrow lads, can't make it myself but will see y'all for the Sunday spin.

CPL 593H

decrrrrrr wrote: »
    More hills please for me...!!! There's a great one we can take on the road into Ardee if people are interested :-)

It's only around 200m in length and the gradient does not get higher than 16%...
    Where the hell is this Ardee is basically flat, must be out around Smarmore?

lads i think the best route would be around the coast from castlebelligham we can head tallonstown to ardee hunterstown home by collon
    whats with all the hill's are you lot doing secret training.:D:D
    anyway see you all at 10 o clock bottom of marystreet. zxc do you know where the meeting place is.your more than welcome to join us remember we are not a racing group at least i'm not.

If this route is a runner we will see you at hacketts cross.

macadam wrote: »
    i would say its the next right after the pub and football field up to the mast one mother of a climb,but i can tell you here's one kid that wont be doing it :D huntertown into collon is plenty hilly for me.;)
    where the hell is hacketts cross :confused:

i would say its the next right after the pub and football field up to the mast one mother of a climb,but i can tell you here's one kid that wont be doing it :D huntertown into collon is plenty hilly for me.;)
    where the hell is hacketts cross :confused:
    I knew that would catch out ye townie boys, the church in Clogher..

new all along just testing you :P
    btw i gave your man my vote hope he does well ;)

macadam wrote: »

Closer to home than Smarmore.

Take the turnoff from the Colon to Ardee road at Carrolls Farm Machinery...

decrrrrrr wrote: »
    Closer to home than Smarmore.

Take the turnoff from the Colon to Ardee road at Carrolls Farm Machinery...
    I know it never cycled it always full of muck and sh1t.
    Are you cycling out in the morning.

enjoyed the spin this morning lads ,wind was very strong but we got it right ;) great spin home.we had two new faces in the group i think they enjoyed the trip of 46 miles we had to cut it short by about 7 miles because one of the lads had to get home in a hurry so we duely obliged:D:D
    see you all in the morn 10.15 bike shop .
    the wind again is north west so i suggest we do a similar route unless someone has a better one in mind.

• Advertisement

Good spin alright. Especially enjoyed putting the hammer down on run from Colon..:D

Not around tomorrow, so will catch you all next week..

Great run out today 75klms, nice run in from Collon averaging 52kph along parts of the final run in, wont be about tomorrow have a good ride probably wont see you next week getting the nose fixed.
    Might be available for a good run out during the week, PM me if anyone available.

Advertisement